Scream_And_Fly
3 Argentium

Re: X-Fi Screech of Death

Not sure if it matters, but mine is in "entertainment mode"

0 Kudos
Rquired
2 Iron

Ok, couldn´t find the place where you change bit, so just wondered if i were in the right mode, will keep looking.

Marcus

0 Kudos
paulbeattie87
3 Argentium

100%, its just done it for the third time tonight.  Uptime is currently4 hours 27 minutes. We have also shifed the speaker configuration round one speaker again 🙂

0 Kudos
paulbeattie87
3 Argentium

Make that the 5th time now 😞

Intresting on my 5.1 setup after 4-5 screeches it goes back to normal without any adjusting :). Just noticed I turned the speakers up which ain't a good idea when it screeches. 

For those interested I will be following up the issue with Dell UK on Thursday/Friday morning after my abandoned support call :(.

Message Edited by paulbeattie87 on 06-24-2008 11:35 PM
0 Kudos
Gabhan
2 Iron

Mine hadn't screeched in 2 days - until tonight. I wasn't even doing anything with the PC at the time. There was no sound being played at all, the screensaver was on, I was on the phone and off it went. Have tried changing to 24bit sound (can find no 18bit setting) and turned the volume on the card down, and the volume on my speakers up slightly. Interested to see how long before it recurrs this time.

Gabhan 

0 Kudos
jronesi
3 Argentium

I'm wondering what driver version folks are using in this card.  According to Device Manager, mine is 6.0.1.1283 - dated 2/21/2008.  This driver originated through Microsoft update.

XPS9000, i7-920, NVidia GTS 240, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM @ 1066MHZ, Win7 Home Premium, 64bit, Dell ST2410 Display

Toronto699
4 Beryllium

Driver version does not matter , if u have screech u have screech , i have screech with all drivers ive tried Dells or Creatives , ive tried every known driver  . im using creative driver version 2.15.0006

0 Kudos
Garred
3 Argentium

I thought this was kind of funny that everyone experienced a SOD tonight as did I.  I was backing up digital photos to DVD when it occured.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Drange
3 Argentium

You folks may want to head to this post for some possible clarification to the X-Fi XtremeMusic vs X-Fi XtremeGamer confusion.
0 Kudos
jronesi
3 Argentium

@Toronto699 wrote:

Driver version does not matter , if u have screech u have screech , i have screech with all drivers ive tried Dells or Creatives , ive tried every known driver  . im using creative driver version 2.15.0006

Perhaps the driver version doesn't matter - all I know is that since I switched to this driver in February I haven't had the SoD.  Maybe I've just been lucky - maybe it was because of another change I made to my system - maybe the gods decided that since I was already having problems with my Media Card Reader and crab grass that I should catch a break.  Quo Vadis?

XPS9000, i7-920, NVidia GTS 240, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM @ 1066MHZ, Win7 Home Premium, 64bit, Dell ST2410 Display