Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2011 20:00

XP Wireless Driver for Zino HD??

I know this has been discussed before and I've made it work. 

But I've lost the XP driver for the wireless card  (1397, I think) that I used before. 

Now I had to re-intall XP and all the drivers I've downloaded and tried either do nothing, or report that  I don't have the required hardware installed.  I've even tried the driver off the Broadcom site; no help.

And yes, I know that Dell doesn't support this config, but It's worked quite nicely for well over a year.

Anyone?

Boowho??

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 27th, 2011 04:00

Hi Boohoo123,

If I understand correctly, you are not sure what your wireless card is, and when you try to install the driver you used before, it doesn't work.

At this point, I'm not sure what we can help you with.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 27th, 2011 06:00

Chipset drivers are required for pci devices to enumerate properly.

2 Posts

November 27th, 2011 18:00

Good day and thanks for the answer.  To clarify I HAD an XP driver that worked on my Zino HD.  

Got it off the 'net over a year ago.  I have since lost that driver and am rebuilding an XP partition on my Zino HD.

SO......  I need to be "pointed" to an XP driver that will work with my Zino HD...  It's maddening since I found the driver once before, but now I cannot.  The card is a Dell 1397, which is OEM'ed from Broadcom, I believe.

HTH.  Thanks

Boowho??

17 Posts

November 28th, 2011 01:00

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 29th, 2011 11:00

Try the Belarc advisor, which is pretty good at identifying hardware (assuming the chipset drivers are installed properly). If it's a Dell wireless card, then obviously Dell will have a driver.

No Events found!