Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 7th, 2017 10:00

XPS 12-9250 + Windows Creators Edition - Bluetooth

I without realizing I would break my bluetooth installed the creators edition and in going through support they told me to return to the original copy of Windows.  I can't keep a BT mouse working.  It connects for a few seconds and then stops but displays that its still connected.

Has anyone worked through bluetooth issues on the creators update?  I can't believe I can never upgrade windows at all because of a driver issue.  I have been on a wired mouse for some time now.  Defeats the purpose of a tablet period.

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 7th, 2017 11:00

The XPS 12-9250 is on Dell's list of systems tested for compatibility with Creators Update so everything should work with CU:

www.dell.com/.../computers-tested-for-upgrade-to-windows-10-creators-update

Are you sure it's a BT mouse? Have you changed its batteries lately?

Did you try installing the latest BT driver for the XPS12-9250, assuming you have either Intel 8265 or 8260 or 18265 or18260 BT?

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

Possible you actually have the Dell KM714 wireless keyboard and mouse which need this driver?

www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

And open Device Manager in Windows and expand the list under Human Interface Devices. Double-click the entry for the mouse and click its Power Management tab. Make sure the box "allow PC to turn off..." is not checked.

11 Posts

August 7th, 2017 13:00

Ron,

Thanks for assisting.  I did download the new driver and the only mice I'm using is a Logitech M557 and a Dell WM615.  Yes, batteries are fine.  It appears to be more like power management?  It connects and works just fine then disconnects.   I have lots of HID-compliant Consumer control devices from re-adding mice constantly.  I looked for all the power Management settings in the Device manager and unchecked allow computer to power off to save energy for anything labeled Bluetooth.

Still, the mouse stops working very soon after connecting.

Thanks

Guy

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 7th, 2017 14:00

Not sure I understand... Did you update the Dell (Intel)  BT driver or the Logitech driver for the M557 mouse?

You might need to look on the Windows Power options screen for the active power plan and see if there are settings on the Advanced settings screen for BT.

Could it just be an ailing rodent? Can you test it on a different PC?

Have you checked on the Logitech or Microsoft forums for posts with similar BT problems after updating to Creators Update?

Is there a "discovery" button on the BT mouse that will reestablish a link to the PC?

11 Posts

Called Dell support and they did find me a newer intel driver for XPS so I have to say the mouse has lasted longer than a few seconds for the first time in a long time.

Thanks!

11 Posts

They installed a newer drive.  The Logitech was just a normal bluetooth mouse with no driver needed.  Also, the Logitech did work fine connected to a MAC.  Dell support is going to call me tomorrow and check to see if I still have issues which is very nice.

thanks

Guy

14 Posts

August 14th, 2017 12:00

Do you have the link to the driver you installed?

My BT service is not even running consistently on my XPS12 9250.

Thanks.

14 Posts

August 15th, 2017 11:00

When I install Win10 Creators Update back a few month ago, I think it bundled with an older version of the driver (19.30.1648.920) for Intel 8260. Simply installing the new driver from Intel (19.71.x.x) doesn't overwrite that version. I had to go to 'Device Manager', select view hidden devices, uninstall the driver for Intel Bluetooh, then install the latest driver from the link given by Guy. Reboot, and now I've 4 devices connected for over a couple of hours continuously on my XPS 9250 now.

1 Message

September 27th, 2017 20:00

This did it for me. Didn't realize that the bluetooth radio driver got "downgraded" in one of the updates. Now I'm on 19.71.0 and it solved the issue.

No Events found!