Highlighted
2 Bronze

XPS 27 All-In-One - SSD not showing up within the devices list

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I've recieved my new XPS 2720 a couple of days ago. Although my order show that this computer is supposed to ship with a 32gigs SSD, I can't find any evidences of its existence on this new XPS 27 All-In-One.

<<< 2TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s HD + 32GB SSD >>>

Isn't it supposed to show up as a regular drive? Within the installed drives list?

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks

>>>

No reply needed.

I found the existence of this 32gigs SSD in the BIOS.

Apparently, it is normal not to be listed as a hard drive. This SSD component is meant to be used internally, by the OS, to speed up the boot process during wake up calls.

Thanks anyway. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
8 Krypton

RE: XPS 27 All-In-One - SSD not showing up within the devices list

Jump to solution

It's most likely set up as an mSATA cache for the system, controlled by Intel's Smart Response Technology (ISRT) software, so it probably won't show up as a 'regular' drive because you have no direct access to it.

Read this about SSD drives and caches, and what you can see after launching the ISRT app.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
8 Krypton

RE: XPS 27 All-In-One - SSD not showing up within the devices list

Jump to solution

It's most likely set up as an mSATA cache for the system, controlled by Intel's Smart Response Technology (ISRT) software, so it probably won't show up as a 'regular' drive because you have no direct access to it.

Read this about SSD drives and caches, and what you can see after launching the ISRT app.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

View solution in original post