kirkd
4 Ruthenium

RE: When will the XPS ONE 2710 be ready to upgrade to Windows 10?

Jump to solution

You don't need to wait. They will upgrade. Use the Microsoft Media  CreatorCreator Tool from the MS site to download the ISO for Win 10. It's easy. Download the iso and install it. Nothing else needs to be done.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos

RE: XPS One 2710, Windows 10, not supported

Jump to solution

millsy77, bp00,

I cannot speak to the sales "future proof" statement. You will need to discuss that with Dell Legal via letter:
Dell Inc.
Legal Department
One Dell Way Round Rock, Texas 78682

The Dell UK return policy states that a refund is only allowed inside the first 14 calendar days from the original invoice date.

The Dell USA return policy states that a refund is only allowed inside the first 21 calendar days from the original invoice date.

0 Kudos
millsy77
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the replies I still hope dell will sort this. I am really not interested in legal proceedings, I just wanted to try and get a response from Dell, as they are still not replying to emails which I think is both rude and bad customer services.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: When will the XPS ONE 2710 be ready to upgrade to Windows 10?

Jump to solution

You don't need to wait. They will upgrade. Use the Microsoft Media  CreatorCreator Tool from the MS site to download the ISO for Win 10. It's easy. Download the iso and install it. Nothing else needs to be done.

Be careful, ensure you upgrade using the Media Creation Tool and don't use the .iso to initially Clean Install. If you initially clean install you will likely wipe your recovery partition and if you haven't created a Dell Backup and Recovery Windows OEM 7 Recovery USB in advance you've effectively lost your Windows 7 OEM license (no install and no recovery media).

You'll instead have an unactivated Windows 10 and Microsoft will charge you full retail price to activate (~£100) or refer you to Dell Technical Support to procure Windows 7 Reinstallation Media which may be difficult if your system is out of warranty.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
millsy77
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I just tried this I am now sat with a black screen and and no idea what to do..

0 Kudos
millsy77
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Great still no reply from Dell I now have a broken £1000 machine which I'm sure they will say is no longer under warranty because I tried to install Windows 10. Any help please, all I have is a black screen with a mouse cursor.

0 Kudos
tjgarland
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hold down the power button until the system shuts completely off.  Reboot.  You may have to do this a few times.  Eventually you will get a login screen.  Once you are up, immediately update your NVIDIA graphics card driver from the NVIDIA web site to the Windows 10 version.

I have now updated three 2710's and everything is running great.

0 Kudos
millsy77
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks I will try later,  the pc said it was reloading my previous version of Windows so will I have to do this and then reload windows 10

0 Kudos
jim-72
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Is this an attempt to increase Apple sales? If so, it's working.

0 Kudos
millsy77
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks I'll try that later. Before the black screen it said it was reinstalling my previous version of Windows, so will I need to do this and then download windows 10 again.

0 Kudos