Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 27th, 2005 17:00

XPS 400 and Wacom Intuos3 tablet...

Is the Wacom Intuos3 6 x 11 tablet compatible with the Microsoft XP Media OS on the XPS 400?
Microsoft Media OS is not listed as an OS for this tablet on the Wacom site...
http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/6x11.cfm

2.5K Posts

December 27th, 2005 22:00

That should work just fine.  As long as it says XP you should be ok.  Plus there's a 30 day money back guarantee.

I'm jealous, I'd love one of those.  I have a tough time making fine selections with a mouse.

Dave

December 27th, 2005 23:00

Thanks, davejohn.
Those tablets ARE nice.
Hope you get to have one of your own some day.

69 Posts

December 28th, 2005 10:00

The tablet should work fine.

I've been using Wacoms for 5 years; they're terrific. I also just ordered the new 6x11 as I'm using dual monitors.

Jack

December 28th, 2005 15:00

Hey, Jack...
I'm getting a 20" flat widescreen monitor with my new XPS 400.
Do you think I should get the 6x11 tablet, instead of the 9x12?
I notice that the Wacom site recommends the 6x11 for widescreens.
I will not be using dual monitors.
I will be using Photoshop and doing a lot of cutting and pasting between two or more files, designing and creating new images in repeat[ for textiles ].

Have always used the biggest tablet they have in the past, at my old job.
The one I'm ordereing is for my home office and I can't afford the biggest and baddest one out there, like a big corporation can afford...but I CAN afford the 6x11 or 9x12.
[ sort of. VISA makes it happen. ha! ]

69 Posts

December 28th, 2005 16:00

myjob:
I'm using dual monitors. I originally bought the 4x5, as that's what my Grahire was and I found that size just right as I prefer a compact hand/arm movement.
But I found the 4x5 just a bit too small with dual monitors, so I bought the 6x8, which is great. But I think the 6x11 will be even better for my setup.
For you, I guess it depends on what you prefer. Some like a broad, sweeping movement for painting and drawing. Others, like me, prefer less movement.
I would think that the 6x11 would be just fine for your widescreen.
Let us know how you like it.
Jack
No Events found!