CosmosBlack
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 435 Owners Thread

Geez, Raymond...you sure are one unlucky guy there with your new 435T! Got a replacement and that died on you too, huh!? Hope you get everything back on track soon.

In a way, I'm glad I left my slow boot up times alone, as well as ignoring the occasional CCC errors.......

[size="11"][color="#F0530D"][b]Studio XPS [/color][color="#000000"]435T [/b][/color][/size][size="10"][color="#808080"]- Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz - 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz - 750GB 7200RPM SATA - 1024MB ATI Radeon 4870 GDDR5 - WinVista Home Premium 64bit - Dell 24" S2409W - Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium - Bose Companion 3 SEries ll - 16X CD/DVD+/-RW - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - Logitech MX Revolution Mouse[/color][/size]

0 Kudos
R R Kirsteins
1 Nickel

Hey CosmoBlack,

It seems like all my troubles started with the CCC error popping up occasionally. Never should of downloaded ATI updates from Dell's site etc.

Good luck with yours. I see we have some differences; i7-940, 2-640 GB's in RAID 0 and 12GB's of RAM but you have the same 1GB ATI 4870 that dell replaced three times..................Raymond

Waiting on Dell to send a service guy with a new 640 GB HD and restore my computers RAID array and then re-load Vista. Hopefully after that I can use my external HD's full windows back up to restore all back as it was.

0 Kudos
dcheck
1 Nickel

When the power goes out or I shut off my computer it hangs on startup, until I removed one stick of ram and let it start up, then I reinstalled the stick I removed and it starts up. Whats the problem and how can I fix it?

Well I removed the password reset jumper by the the video card and it starts up every time, weird possible fix or defect?

Chas_T
1 Nickel

I wanted to personally thank the posters in this thread for a very informative and educational thread on the XPS 435 T and MT. I took delivery of a "T" machine this week in basic configuration with some future upgrades planned down the road. I just have a question that maybe someone could add some input.

Do the USB ports on the XPS 435 have consistent power applied when just turning the box off via the On/Off switch?

The reason I ask is because I have a Linksys USB WUSB300N-RM, a Wireless N USB adapter connected to a rear USB port. The Power LED lights up and is illuminated even if the machine is powered down. Yes, the green light is lit on the back of the power supply.

However, I've had this USB adapter on two other machines and this never occurred. Power down the machine, light goes off.  Also, my wife has a Dimension purchased last year with the same adapter and the light turns off when the machine is powered down. It appears the USB device/s are receiving power even when the machine is technically turned off at least by the power button.

Any thoughts? Bad design?? Flaw?

0 Kudos
perfdivision
1 Nickel

Sorry for the double post, but I thought other 435 owners should be aware of this and may have missed my thread devoted to this issue.

For all those interested, here is my thread post regarding power to the USB ports when the computer is off.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19283799.aspx

0 Kudos
Chas_T
1 Nickel

Please keep us updated on your results on this issue/non-issue. It just seems strange that the USB ports would have a continual trickle of power. Perhaps this can be addressed with a Bios update??

For what it's worth, the box (435 T) that was delivered the week of 7/17/09, has Bios version A09 dated 5/5/09.

0 Kudos
perfdivision
1 Nickel

I have BIOS A08.  Mine was delivered in early June.

I will keep you guys updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dcheck
1 Nickel

Well spoke to soon computer will not start with all memory slots full, will only start if I remove one stick of ram. I think maybe its time for a replacement or maybe I'll just send it back. I usually build my own computers and never have a problem,  I guess I should have continued. emoticon.Sad.title

0 Kudos
ivanyshka7
1 Nickel

Hi guys,

I probabably should not post my question here but I did not know where. I posted one in another thread. Since no one answered the question I found another place with information about xps435.

I have got my system today.

The first thing I checked is eSata. Unfortunately it does not work. In BIOS it says that eSata is not detected. Machine hangs untill I switch off external hard drive with eSata connection. I looked at the driver versions and they seems to be up to date. Is there is a way to fix this problem? The BIOS version is A09.

The second questoin is that in BIOS I can see that there is almost 9GB or RAM installed. In vista system information I can see that there is 12GB of RAM. What should I pay attention to BIOS info or Vista system info?

I test the sytem now and I do not see that it is working very fast. Espacially with graphic applications. It works as fast as with my previous  PC which is core 2 duo and 6gb of DDR2 667 Mhz.

So far I do not see any difference in performance..

Thanks

0 Kudos
berberr
1 Copper

Hi all,

I am on the verge of purchasing a 435T and i have a few following questions regarding the 435T,

1. Is the PSU (Power Supply Unit) of standard ATX form factor and will i be able to upgrade to retail PSU brands such as Antec, Aerocool, OCZ, etc? Also, does it fit into the case with any problems? Anyone tried successfully?

2. Are retail branded RAMs such as Kingston, Corsair, Team Elite, etc. compatible with the 435T? Any incompatibility issues like some previous Dell models which are restricted to specifically 'Model' designed RAMs from third party companies? Anyone tried successfully?

Thanks in advance emoticon.Smile.title