nygregl
1 Copper

Re: XPS 435 Owners Thread

I had (have?) the same problem with eSata port on my 435T: Bios says not detected, machine sometimes hangs on boot w/ eSata connected.  Updated/reinstalled intel and jmicron drivers but it didn't help.  Called Dell, spent 90 minutes with a clueless tech and they replaced motherboard.  Bios still says no eSata connected, but machine will reliably boot with esata drive connected, it just isn't recognized.  Eventually noticed that if i boot with eSata drive OFF, wait until vista (x64) is running, and then power up the drive vista will recognize it after about 20 seconds.  If i then power down and back up with eSata drive on it won't be there - sometimes powercycling the esata drive will work, sometimes not.

Since it sounds like eSata is important to you, based on my experience I would suggest that you either send the machine back or have them replace your new mobo w/ a refurb.

The first thing I checked is eSata. Unfortunately it does not work. In BIOS it says that eSata is not detected. Machine hangs untill I switch off external hard drive with eSata connection. I looked at the driver versions and they seems to be up to date. Is there is a way to fix this problem? The BIOS version is A09.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ivanyshka7
1 Nickel

Hi I actualy had a nice conversation with Technical support guy from Toronto. They did the tests they logged to my machine and did the BIOS downgrade but still it will not recognise the drive. I went to my friend and tested eSata HD and it is working when connected to his Latitude.

I am going to call Customer care  on Monday and asked them to replace the system or to give me a refund.

I am just curios how I can have BIOS A09 when DELL recomends A07 for this system.

Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos
Chas_T
1 Nickel

I am just curios how I can have BIOS A09 when DELL recomends A07 for this system.

Thanks for all your help.

This was a response from Chris M in regards to your question on different BIOS versions being sent into the field.

I cannot give all the details, but, the different bios versions you seeing changed non-performance items (setup layout, changed name from Studio XPS 435T to Studio XPS 435T/9000, others).

0 Kudos
kakendle
1 Nickel

Out of curiosity, have any 435T owners been able to burn a DVD with Pinnacle Studio 12 without continuously getting the BSOD? Apparently there is some kind of a configuration  issue upon software installation with the 435T and Studio 12 that causes a BSOD when choosing to burn the DVD. Anyone have any luck with this and what kind of work around did you employ to get Studio 12 to work? 

Possibly a difference in the BIOS? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
LathropDave
1 Nickel

I know I had a problem with this software doing a web update. It would BSOD everytime. I just used a Roxio CD I had from previous pc. Of course, this was after rebuilding the pc from scratch not using Dell's image. I have yet to see anything posted by Dell concerning their image even though many of us have experienced the same problems with it. Having been a long time user of Dell products and use to usually high quality I'm afraid its a sign of the times that quality control has gone to the wayside.

0 Kudos
Chas_T
1 Nickel

Hi all,

2. Are retail branded RAMs such as Kingston, Corsair, Team Elite, etc. compatible with the 435T? Any incompatibility issues like some previous Dell models which are restricted to specifically 'Model' designed RAMs from third party companies? Anyone tried successfully?

Thanks in advance emoticon.Smile.title

I've owned the T series for about 2 weeks now and recently added from Negg, Crucial 6GB (3 X 2) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) ram and its been stable and without any problems. I just inserted them into the empty slots from a basic stock machine with 3 GB which were immediately recognized by the BIOS. Hopefully Dell will write a BIOS that allows the ram to run to it's full speed.

0 Kudos
kentfyfe
1 Copper

Any news on the BSOD when using the Createive Labs update utility?  I just took delivery of my 435T and get a blue screen if the update utility is run.  I know, the workaround is don't run the update utility...

i7-940, 8gb RAM, 750gb HD, 1024 ATI Radeon HD4870, SB X-Fi Titanium, Vista-64 Ultimate

0 Kudos
dcheck
1 Nickel

Does anyone have all six ram slots full, because mine will not start with all slots full. I've tried different ram, moved them around to different slots and dell even replaced my motherboard twice, still no joy. What should I do? emoticon.Sad.title

0 Kudos
jdsmock
1 Nickel

Received my 435T on 7/25/09 and it was delivered with BIOS Version A11.  Have posted in the 435T with BSOD thread but system continually crashed with BSOD concerning clock error on secondary processor.  Have reverted to 1 core in the BIOS to keep system up and running.  Did a complete clean install of the Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit from the DVD as recommended by this thread and have only experienced a single lock-up during one of the Vista updates.  Put the system back on 1 core to continue getting all the updates / drivers done before going back to all cores.

One note though, in the BIOS A11 setting for Multi-Core, the values presented are [All] [1] [2].  Since this is a 4 core machine, would think all the cores would be represented.

Have downloaded the Windows 7 RC1 Ultimate 64 Bit and if the system continues to stop, going to load that to see if it is a Vista thing vice a Dell thing.

Studio XPS 435T
Intel Core i7-950 processor(8MB L3 Cache 3.07GHz)
12GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz
1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4870 GDDR5
Raid 0 2x1TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM
Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition English
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Dell 1505 WLAN PCIe card

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

0 Kudos