1 Nickel

Re: XPS 435 Owners Thread

This is a pic showing the BIOS version and date:

This is the pic of the Multi-Core selection criteria:

0 Kudos
napageo
1 Copper

Does anyone know if the 15 in 1 card reader on the front panel reads SD cards as well as SDHC cards? Thanks.

0 Kudos
bravada
1 Copper

I've got a regular SD card in it right now and it works fine.

0 Kudos
syadasti
1 Copper

I had the same problem with my 435T/9000 with a Antec MX-1 eSATA/USB enclosure but I also was able to replicate it on a notebook with eSATA too (never had an issue on my old 975X badaxe system).  I was able to detect the drive it in Ubuntu but not Windows but not consistently. 

I figured it was the very cheap cable they included so I ordered replacement cable from monoprice.com and it worked consistently in both Windows and Ubuntu, so the issue is likely the cheap cable.  Perhaps there is variations in eSATA implementations and signal strength/quality is much more vital on some hardware combos?

As far as the boot problem I noticed it was caused by boot options in the BIOS, once I changed the boot order it works fine with the newer cable.

I had (have?) the same problem with eSata port on my 435T: Bios says not detected, machine sometimes hangs on boot w/ eSata connected.  Updated/reinstalled intel and jmicron drivers but it didn't help.  Called Dell, spent 90 minutes with a clueless tech and they replaced motherboard.  Bios still says no eSata connected, but machine will reliably boot with esata drive connected, it just isn't recognized.  Eventually noticed that if i boot with eSata drive OFF, wait until vista (x64) is running, and then power up the drive vista will recognize it after about 20 seconds.  If i then power down and back up with eSata drive on it won't be there - sometimes powercycling the esata drive will work, sometimes not.

Since it sounds like eSata is important to you, based on my experience I would suggest that you either send the machine back or have them replace your new mobo w/ a refurb.

[quote user="ivanyshka7"]

The first thing I checked is eSata. Unfortunately it does not work. In BIOS it says that eSata is not detected. Machine hangs untill I switch off external hard drive with eSata connection. I looked at the driver versions and they seems to be up to date. Is there is a way to fix this problem? The BIOS version is A09.

[/quote]

0 Kudos
syadasti
1 Copper

I just tried a Transcend 4GB SDHC card and it worked fine:emotion-21:

0 Kudos
D99X
1 Nickel

Hi all,

I am on the verge of purchasing a 435T and i have a few following questions regarding the 435T,

1. Is the PSU (Power Supply Unit) of standard ATX form factor and will i be able to upgrade to retail PSU brands such as Antec, Aerocool, OCZ, etc? Also, does it fit into the case with any problems? Anyone tried successfully?

2. Are retail branded RAMs such as Kingston, Corsair, Team Elite, etc. compatible with the 435T? Any incompatibility issues like some previous Dell models which are restricted to specifically 'Model' designed RAMs from third party companies? Anyone tried successfully?

Thanks in advance emoticon.Smile.title

1) Fairly sure it's standard ATX. I've read of others installing new supplies without major issue. Some with the 435MT and other XPS models say to preferably stick with standard dimensions of 150mm x 86mm x 140mm for those, however. You'll find some PSU's these days that can have greater depth of 180mm like the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910 that might take up a little more space, but the 435T is an ATX sized case so shouldn't have more issue than anything else that's "normal." Things like the 435MT obviously have smaller cases so greater concern.

2) Multiple reports of other RAM working fine. You do need to sure you don't exceed 1.5V though, which will limit your options. I don't believe anyone has obtained speed above 1066MHz, however, though I believe I bios update in the 435MT eventually enabled 1333MHz there. Hopefully that can come to the 435T eventually, too.

0 Kudos
mjg2187
1 Copper

Question, I just installed an additional Hard Drive on my 435MT, a WD 1TB Caviar Black to be exact, do I need to change the power supply or cooling with this added extra?

0 Kudos
robnich
2 Iron

No. You'll be fine.

Bob N.

0 Kudos
zerinSSL
1 Nickel

FYI, just upgraded my 435T's Vista install to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM (MSDN Sub), and the upgrade worked flawlessly. Had to upgrade my nVidia video drivers to the latest Win7 builds but that's about it.  Loving every minute of Windows 7.

0 Kudos
fishnbanjo
2 Iron

Mine shipped last Thurs. hopeful it will be here tomorrow.............

Core i7-965 Extreme 3.2 GHz

9gb ddr

ATI 4870 1024

1.50 Tb hd

16X DVD+/-RW and Blu-Ray

21" EIZO s2110w

vista 64 Premium

etc.....etc....etc

435T i7 975 3.3 GHz Extreme, 12 Gb RAM, 1.5 Tb SATA x 2 internal,Patriot Warp 256 Gb SSD quick release and 1.5 Tb eSATA drive  Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Blu-ray/HD-DVD/RW combo by LG and Blu-ray/RW, 1000/NIC and  Belkin N+  wireless, X-Fi Extreme Soundblaster, Hauppauge 2250 DTV Tuner card with Media Center remote, Bose Surround Sound 5.1 speakers, LifeCam VX 3000 VidCam, Logitech Wireless Desktop Kb and Performance MX Mouse, Bamboo Pen Tablet,  XFX ATi 5870 XXX Edition driving a Vizio 37" HDTV using  Optical Toslink from the X-Fi Extreme Sound Card, also have Pioneer SE-DIR 800C Wireless Dolby DTS Headphones

Black Alienware M17X Q9100 2.26 GHz Extreme, 320Gb HDD0 and 160Gb SSD1,Blu-Ray w/ DVD/RW, 8Gb RAM, WUXGA  Screen, ATI 4870 Crossfire-x,  Alienware TactX Mouse Windows 7 64 Professional.

0 Kudos