Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2009 11:00

XPS 435MT Front panel pin layout for changing Case

Hi

I got XPS 435 MT and I have recently brought a NZXT Tempest on discounted price and naturally I would like to put change the case for better air flow and carry on upgrading the case over time. After spending 50 dollar buying internal cable extension, I found out that it is hard to connected NZXT Tempest power switch , reset, and HD light pin to XPS 435 MT Motherboard. Dell case got 8 pin connector unlike most case to connect power switch and etc. I look at the wiring on the Dell original case and I found out that it doesn't fit as standard power switch to MB pin. If anybody know how I could connect the front panel pin from Tempest to Dell 435MT motherboard, I would like know. I know this will void my warranty but I like the Tempest case. If is impossible to do so, I will wait till Thanksgiving or new year sale and I 'll buy a new motherboard + PSU and Window 7 because I don't think Dell vista 64 OEM disc would install on new motherboard. 

thanks

20 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 10:00

Here is my wiring:
.....HDD LED +....... 1.... 2....Power LED - (a white wire in Thermaltake V3)
.....HDD LED -........ 3.... 4....Power Switch
.....Reset Switch.... 5.... 6....Power Switch
.....Reset Switch.... 7.... 8....Power LED + (a blue wire in Thermaltake V3)
Not Connected... 9.... X....Not Connected
One issue is the power button loses the "long press to shutdown" function. Another issue is the power LED is still emitting light even after powering off.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 12:00

This is not documented and a guess but looks Similar to yours.

If you get a Dell R627C Studio 540 / XPS 435 MT Power Button + Cable you can check the wires to each LED and to the power on button.  There is also a Jumper on the cable.  Yellow Black is one LED, Red White is another LED,  Blue Green is the button, and there is a white jumper between pins.

Diagram Below from post after this one.

20 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 13:00

I tried it. The PWR-SW doesn't work in this configuration.

Actually, this is for other FOXCONN mobos.

6 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 15:00

Here you are.

1 Attachment

No Events found!