Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

January 10th, 2007 22:00

XPS 700 + 4 year warranty + gift card

I purchased my XPS 700 in August 2006. I have yet to receive my gift card and have called Dell about 100 different times as well as sending e-mails to Dell. I know the gift card was only $50.00 but I do expect the gift card or something. This is false advertisement by Dell to promise yet one more thing and fail to come through. Every time I call Dell, the only thing they say is sorry and we can not help you out on this but yet we can offer you an e-mail coupon instead. I am sick and tired of all the lies that Dell has promised to me. I do not get on the forums much but when you are promised something in writting and are also offered an e-mail coupon or gift card, whatever the case may be, then yet Dell goes back on their word even though it is in writting, this is false advertisement as well as bad business. Basically, DELL is stealing from me and the bad thing is; a corporation this huge takes $50.00 from me and everyone else, then that is how they make their real money. Yes I am extremely upset about this because nobody seems to GAF about my $50.00. It's my $50.00 and it is the same thing as coming into my home or business and take money from me.

It's bad enough that Dell promised this or that in an XPS 700 and failed.

Chris,
You can contact me if you wish but I highly doubt you would even be kind enough yet be professional enough to even find out why DELL is stealing my money.

95 Posts

I have no idea what the difference is between a coupon or a gift card. Both have to be used at Dell.
I have read a lot of the XPS 700 issues and I do agree with everyone that complains. The only reason that I did not post anything is because everyone has already posted. The only thing I notice about my XPS 700 other than the mouse pad, was the floppy drive & memory card reader was loose. I purchased my system through the US Military's AAFES site which seems to link through Dell's Business website or through the employee website. I didn't have to pay sales tax nor did I have to pay shipping. I also had a huge military discount on the XPS 700 because of being in the military and had the purchase made through the Army and Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES).

The only other thing was the Intel case sticker but I contacted Intel and they sent me a new one.
Only if I can get the $50.00 that I was promised and the XPS Mouse pad rather than a cheap looking plastic Dell mouse pad.

I do not really know much more about the XPS other than what I have read.

1.9K Posts

I totally understand your frustration as Dell took alot of shortcuts with the XPS700 and promised many things they are yet to deliver.  But please tell me the difference between a $50 concession coupon and a $50 giftcard.  I realize you have to spend $50.01 to use the coupon, but that isn't a huge issue.  Perhaps you could even get then to send you a $75 coupon.  I am simply saying that a giftcard is NOT cash.  You have to spend it at Dell.  I hope you are able to work it out with Dell, but you really should read some of the XPS 700 threads if you really want something to be angry about.  Good luck.

267 Posts

January 12th, 2007 16:00

Have you tried writing to Michael Dell, I did this when they wouldn't honour a discount off their website and I got a call back to resolve it the next day.

1.1K Posts

January 12th, 2007 19:00

I really like how they erased my comments, nice.

XPS 410
Pentium C2D E6700 2.66
2 GB @ 667mzh (2 dimms)
Dual 80GB Raptors @ 10,000 RPM in RAID 0 (silenced)
320GB hdd
160GB hdd
NVIDIA 7900GS
ATI TV Wonder 650 HD
Diamond 24-bit 7.1 surround, w/ dolby digital live
2407 & 2001 monitors
logitech G7 mouse, G15 keyboard

----------------------------------"GAME ON"-------------------------------

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 13th, 2007 02:00

gbw1229,

Use the Unresolved Issues form to ask about the gift card.
No Events found!