RKozak201
1 Copper

XPS 700 Desktop w/ Windows 7 32-bit Invalid Multimedia Audio Controller

I just performed an upgrade on my PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium.  Everything appears to be working fine on it.  I went into my Device Manager and noticed that the correct Multimedia Audio Controller was not found.  Can anyone help me to obtain the correct driver?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: XPS 700 Desktop w/ Windows 7 32-bit Invalid Multimedia Audio Controller

Since you "upgraded" from XP to Win 7 you had to do a complete install.  The Dell XP sound drivers are incompatible with Vista and Win 7.   But the Dell Vista 32 bid sound driver should work.  The Multimedia Audio Controller is part of the sound drivers and installing the correct sound drivers should take care of that.

HERE is the Dell Vista 32 drivers

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mayu_1
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 700 Desktop w/ Windows 7 32-bit Invalid Multimedia Audio Controller

RKozak210 hi,

I upgraded my xps700 windows from XP to Vista and even to this day there is no proper Driver for the Creative X-Fi Sound Blaster, due to that I just went back to XP long time ago. Even these days they say the Creative ppl that there is a solution but honestly there is not any so good luck with that. I wanted to ask you something too. What processor, memory and video card are you running with you windows 7? I am personally thinking to upgrade too. I have a Q6700 Quad Core 2.9Ghz, 4-GB Memory and Nvidia GTX 280 with one 500GB HDD and another 250GB HDD. Please let me know any help will be greatly appriciated.

Hammad.

0 Kudos