Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2008 07:00

XPS 700 starting up issues

When I switch my computer on all I get is a click and the yellow light flashing in the start switch. The fans don't seem to fire up when I first switch on at the wall plug.

3.4K Posts

December 8th, 2008 15:00

Hi there, when I ran the diagnostics tests I got on error msg as follows:- 4C00:082D no IRQ13 following denornalized operand. Expected 0002H Actual 0000H Floating Point Unit

Hello again,

That 4C00:082D error is telling you that there is a problem with either the CPU or motherboard.

3.4K Posts

December 6th, 2008 08:00

Hello,

Take a look at this page and report back what you find.

8 Posts

December 7th, 2008 22:00

If the fans fire up when I switch on at the wall then I know that the computer will start OK, but this does not always happen. I have tried relocating all the connectors on the motherboard but this seems to have no effect. This is an intermittent problem but seems to be getting worse and now it takes a long time for me to get the computer started.

3.4K Posts

December 8th, 2008 05:00

Hello again,

What did you find out with the troubleshooting page that I posted?

8 Posts

December 8th, 2008 11:00

Hi there, when I ran the diagnostics tests I got on error msg as follows:- 4C00:082D no IRQ13 following denornalized operand. Expected 0002H Actual 0000H Floating Point Unit

8 Posts

December 8th, 2008 23:00

Hi there, I have been in touch with dell technical and after pulling memory sticks in and out hard drives connectors off and on they have come to the conclusion that its the motherboard and the power supply unit. I just feel that its the power supply unit, lets hope so or else I'm in for a hefty bill. Thanks for all your help.

3.4K Posts

December 9th, 2008 00:00

Good luck, and please report back what you find out.

8 Posts

December 11th, 2008 09:00

Hi, just to let you know Dell technical came round with a new power supply unit and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your support. Nigel

1 Message

December 5th, 2010 18:00

I had VISTA that wouldn't boot. I ran the diagnostics tool to get the no IR13 error. I found reports of the error being a diagnostics program error. I tried to repair VISTA from the original upgrade disk. It ran once, then stopped at a 'disconnect camera...' message. It kept power cycling to the first Windows small progress bar.  On 'boot in safe mode' I saw my hard drive files being accessed in the Windows folder. I tried reloading the hard disk drivers, no change. I then went back to reload VISTA as my hard drive and CD were working OK. Now it's back. A long way to go to catch up on updates, but there was no hardware problem. So if you can verify your hard and CD drives are working try a system repair or reload.

No Events found!