Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2008 11:00

XPS 710 DDR2 800Mhz Success & SLI / Ntune questions

Well I took the advice of some one here and ordered the OCZ reaper DDR2 800Mhz RAM (Two 2 gig sticks) and enabled EPP.  Bios recognizes all 4 gigs at 800 Mhz.  However windows xp only recognizes 2 gigs because of my other things hogging memory in my system.  I understand that a 64 bit OS will recognize all 4 gigs but I have also heard that vista 32 bit will also recognize all 4 gigs.  Is this true?

I also added a second 8800GT to do SLI.  I am using Ntune to do my overclocking and have some questions.  When I set the clock speeds on my graphics cards under "Adjust GPU Settings" is that actually adjusting clock speeds on both cards?  I also turn up the fan speeds on these cards and I want to make sure it is raising both cards fan speeds as well.

I orginally was using Rivatuner when i had one graphics card installed and when I went to SLI it no longer functioned properly.  So Ntune is my only working option for overclocking...

Thanks for any advice!

14.4K Posts

August 18th, 2008 13:00

The ram issue is 32 bit. All Vista with SP1 installed does now is report the total ram that is in the system just like the bios. You will still have the same limit with 32 Vista as before. 64 bit will still be the way to go to utilize it all.

I assume that the ram is running ok and at the correct timings fo you

Not sure about your card question. It is a shame that Riviatuner won't do that for you as it is far superiour to ntune anyday..

23 Posts

August 18th, 2008 17:00

From what I've read at the nvidia forums the second card takes clock settings from the primary card. So if your cards have different clock speeds(like a dell issued matched with a bfg OC edition), you should put the higher clocked card in the primary slot.
No Events found!