Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2008 07:00

XPS 730 H2C: question relating to LED profiles.

I know that it is possible to change the LED colors and create specific setup profiles in the Nvidia control panel.

However, is it normal, when I create and load a specific profile, that it is not maintained when I re-emerge from sleep mode or even when rebooting? I usually end up with the default setup each time.

Does this mean that you need to reload whichever profile you prefer everytime you reboot for example? This doesn't make much sense...

70 Posts

Well I used to have Quickset on my 720, but that program isn't available on the 730... Can it be downloaded from somewhere? It was indeed a lot easier to use than this dreaded Nvidia program.

2.3K Posts

On my 720

I can setup the lights through "QuickSet" and they do keep every time I reboot.

However if I set it through Quickset without making any changes to the lights in BIOS... then when I reboot, all lights change to Diamond (Default) and after I log in to Windows (and Quickset restarts) then the lights change to whatever I have set in Quickset.

If I want the lights to always remain certain colors, I can just change and set them in the BIOS... in that case I will not need Quickset to be installed at all.

However ... Quickset also allows me to set the lights to special effects when I listen to music (or if you game) and also when a new email arrives.

* Bottom line I am not familiar with 730, ... so try setting the lights that way.

It should keep if you set them up and apply changes in through Quickset.

And also make sure that Quickset is in your startup folder too.

Peace

Message Edited by MoneyGuyBK on 08-17-2008 01:23 AM

23 Posts

August 17th, 2008 10:00

"However, is it normal, when I create and load a specific profile, that it is not maintained when I re-emerge from sleep mode or even when rebooting? I usually end up with the default setup each time."

Did you create a rule in profile policies to auto-load your profile? It should work.

82 Posts

August 17th, 2008 16:00

Hi fitze

this question is not related to light fx problem but i noticed that you have a xps 730 xps air cooled can you post a picture of the guts of the rig am really excited to see one.  I ordered a xps 730 it still in production after 10 days and i have a bad feeling that dell is going to push the shipping date. Thanks

Message Edited by sikatcebu28 on 08-17-2008 02:55 PM

70 Posts

August 19th, 2008 04:00

@Fitzee wrote:

"However, is it normal, when I create and load a specific profile, that it is not maintained when I re-emerge from sleep mode or even when rebooting? I usually end up with the default setup each time."

Did you create a rule in profile policies to auto-load your profile? It should work.

I did this and it seems to work when I reboot Windows, however the profile reverts to the default settings whenever I emerge from sleep (which I used quite often).

I can't seem to find a command in the rule policies allowing this. Is there anyway to create additional rules to be selected or are we limited to the ones in the list only?

Thanks again for the help so far.

No Events found!