stargazer424
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 8100 general, delivery, delays, hardware questions and discussions

My Studio XPS 8100 is now in "Delivery Preparation"

Ordered: 1/8

Original EDD: 2/3

First Delay on 1/28 with EDD: 2/1

Although on 3 different pages I am getting a different status. On "My Account - Recent order Status" page it says "Delivery Preparation". On the "Dell Purchase ID" screen it says "shipped". ON order Details it still says "In Production". But hey, its progress!

FYI: I did nothing to get my order shipped faster. I was going to call if I got a second delay notice.

0 Kudos
NSDash9
1 Nickel

stargazer424:

The three different status indications means that the unit has been shipped from the factory in Mexico and is working its way through customs.  In the next couple of days you will get a tracking number showing it being shipped from El Paso, TX.

0 Kudos
djpailo
1 Nickel

I recently placed an  order for the xps desktop 8100. I got the order acknowledgment email but its been over 48 hours and I am yet to receive the order that verifies the bank details, even though I have money in the account. I am very worried by this. Could anyone tell me what is going on here?

0 Kudos
OrangeGhost
1 Copper

To anyone who has actually received their XPS 8100, I have a couple urgent questions.  My 8100 EDD is far off in the future (don't ask) but when it eventually arrives, I'm planning on upgrading the PSU and putting in an ATI 5770 video card and adding 4 more GB of RAM.  Some questions...

1) Power supply

Will a standard ATX power supply fit in the 8100 case?  Are the mainboard power connectors far away from the PSU? Meaning, will there be issues with the length of the cables coming from the PSU?  I'm thinking of getting at least 500W to run the video card and everything safely.

2) ATI 5770

Will one of these (non-Dell) cards fit in the case and one video card slot, considering I think the ATI 5770 is a double wide card?

3) Adding RAM

I'm needing to mix and match RAM here for the 8100, as I accidentally only ordered 4GB and I need to buy and add 4GB more once delivered.  I know I need DDR3-1330Mhz 2x2GB unregistered non-ECC but unsure of the timings (CAS what?) needed to work on the mainboard and to play nice with the installed Dell 2x2GB=4GB.

Technically minded folk, please help!

0 Kudos
z06psi
2 Iron

1. Yes

2. Yes but you might need a adapter if that card as two 6 pin power slots.  You will have one 6 pin from Dell.

3. I bought 8GB of Corsair for 200 and now selling the 6GB of Dell ram on fleabay. Would not suggest for optimum performance mixing and matching RAM.

XPS8000, Intel DP55BS MB, i7 860@3.6Ghz w Zallman 9700 cooler, 1TBx2 RAID, Intel X25MG2 SSD, ASUS EAH HD5870, 8GB 1600 Corsair XMS Dominator, 3008WFP, Ultra Gold 550 Win7 x64

0 Kudos
djpailo
1 Nickel

Can someone just help please?

I range Dell and told them I didn't get an email about my order being confirmed. They then said it was all fine and they asked for email address. I gave it to them. They said they sent it.

Still have NO confirmation. The lady gave me a order number but no customer number so i have no idea what is going on.

0 Kudos
stargazer424
1 Nickel

djpailo: Check your email spam folder. Its possible that the confirmation went there. If you ordered online you can also log into your account and see what the status is. A new order should say something like "Order processing" as the status.

0 Kudos
djpailo
1 Nickel

I can't do that. I only have the internet receipt number. I have not had the second email that gives you the order number or customer number. You just get an error message if you try using the internet number.

My spam folder has nothing from dell, not did I delete anything since they made the call. I have checked my email filters to ensure that nothing is blocked or deleted and they are fine too.

0 Kudos
Raymond_nl
1 Nickel

i had the exact same issue. It took two weeks before i heard anything from dell and then they cancelled my order. I ordered a XPS800 at the end of december. Eventually they offered me a XPS8100 instead (for the same price). So everything turned out fine, but it took a month!

You can call customer support. They can search on your internet number and tell you what the status is. If you paid by credit card it might a few days before you get an update on your order status. Even when the payment is already done it maight take a few days.

If you want to be sure: contact customer support...

0 Kudos
djpailo
1 Nickel

Ok. I'll guess I'll have to wait til Monday then. 😞

Do you think their business lines or any 24/7 lines would help?

0 Kudos