SA5UK3
1 Copper

RE: XPS 8300 Windows 10 Broadcom network adapter disconnect FIXED

Not sure. I believe it is onboard. I didn't modify the system at all. If there is a way to check please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Chriswsta
1 Copper

Works like a dream on my XPX8300.

Thanks for this left-field solution.  Well done.

sdaidoji
1 Copper

i did not need to uninstall. Just disabling it made the install possible. It did work so cheers!  thanks you all!

Jarhead01
1 Copper

I have an Inspiron 580 and having the same problem since installing Windows 10

0 Kudos
kokololo
1 Copper

Hi, I'm one of the jerks who Googles for answers and never thanks anyone...

I spent a week trying to figure out this Windows 10 not connecting to the network problem and when I finally stumbled on your answer it fixed things right away and I've had a rock-solid connection for a week... enough that I wanted to actually reset my password and log in so I could thank you.

Thanks again! Once again Windows is like a jigsaw puzzle where you have to tweak and rearrange and figure stuff out. I'm getting too old for this...

Scott

Jarhead01
1 Copper

What was the fix / I have been battling this for a month Smiley Sad

Bob

0 Kudos
Dotchli
1 Nickel

What was the fix / I have been battling this for a month Smiley Sad

Bob

Hi Bob,

Have you tried to install a new network adapter? Make sure that the driver is supported for Windows 10.
If you don't have a spare PCI slot available, then you can try an external network adapter with an USB cable. Don't forget to disable your old network adapter in the device manager.
This has solved the problem for me.

Maybe you can borrow a network adapter first, just to test if this solves the problem. I can't tell if your problem is also driver related for the onboard network adapter or if it might be related to something else as most of us have this with the XPS 8300. And I haven't heard about this issue for the Inspiron 580 before.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shu1
1 Nickel

Hi Bob,

The fix was to install the original network drivers, from Dell's site. These drivers are old, and meant for Windows 7, but it fixed the network disconnect problem in Win10 on the XPS 8300 for most of us.

For the Inspiron 580, I found the original network driver is "R250303", so you could search for and install that. Or just get it from
www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

If you try this, please let us know if it worked or not.
I'm glad to see this workaround is still helping people for the XPS 8300.

0 Kudos
Jarhead01
1 Copper

Thanks , My son said he has a spare adapter, never had a problem until I downloaded 10. The first time I was able to reset it by unplugging the router, that didn't work again after that. Now the only way is to do a restart. Very frustrating, sometimes goes for a week before it freezes then it may freeze up a couple times a day. Will have my son put in the new adapter and see what happens.

Thanks

Bob 

0 Kudos
Captain99
1 Nickel

I have tried it all and nothing works more than a few days. However, in my case, I don't lose the internet, just the connection to Office 365 Outlook.

In the event viewer I get that it couldn't connect to the dns server.

Restarting is the only solution that works.

John

0 Kudos