bobclarie
1 Copper

RE: XPS 8300, video card upgrade?

Fofini, I too have a Dell XPS 8300 with the 0Y2MRG motherboard, with i5. Which model of the 1050ti do you have? And, which PSU do you have? My PSU is 460 watts.  I noticed two extra, 6 pin power connectors.  Finally, does your EVGA 1050ti have a VGA out connector, if not, which video out connector are you using? Thanks, Bob

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bobclarie
1 Copper

Fofini, I installed a EVGA Geforce GTX 1050Ti SC into my Dell XPS 8300, i5, 16GB ram, 0Y2MRG mother board, Win 10,  PC.  No video out of DVI, or HDMI ports.  The PC appears to be booting since I can hear the Windows greeting music.  Any ideas from anyone?  Thanks,  Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bobclarie
1 Copper

UPDATE:  The GTX  1050Ti SC is now working in my Dell XPS 8300.  I simply "re-seated" the card in the slot, and it started working.  Just hope it's not an intermittent issue.  Will keep all posted.  Bob

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

The problem with the R series cards is the UEFI bios.  They don't support DOS VESA mode 103 and therefore wont post or F2 get into bios.  Fairly sure this one will work fine.  Sapphire is very unsupportive on this issue.

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5(ZT-P10510B-10L)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M27X994

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
alexGrey
1 Nickel

In my similar situation everything worked... unreal

[co][Smiley Tongue]

0 Kudos
jnadaraj
2 Bronze

Hi,  I am at the cross roads trying to decide if I should upgrade or buy new. The components you mentioned comes out to close to $500.  Is there a reason why you decided to go to the DIY route as oppose to buying a whole new system for just a little more?

0 Kudos