Highlighted
Feli 1
1 Copper

XPS 8500 known system crashes/Blue screens

Can someone please help?....I've been experiencing  several blue screens and complete system crashes!?

where by I've had to do complete re-formatting of hard drive, however when carrying out complete Dell hardware system tests, all systems pass?!...are there any known problems?

I'm NOT convinced that the Hard drive is at fault! more of a software issue? the system is currently up to date with updates and is running 8.1 Windows. The machine will be two years old in February and unfortunately I only had 12 months warranty.

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
7 Plutonium

RE: XPS 8500 known system crashes/Blue screens

Hi Feli1,

"Complete system crashes" means what?

In general, unless there are hardware problems or a severe malware infection, there should never be any need to reinstall the OS. So you're overlooking something.

0 Kudos
dendurk
1 Copper

I am also getting blue screen on my XPS 8300 with message page_fault_in nonpaged area. It will not let me open in safe mode or start recovery disc. I have run a thorough diagnostic and all hardware  is working OK.

Still have the problem, does anyone have an answer please? 

0 Kudos
Feli 1
1 Copper

The system blue screens, it lets you do a self diagnosis however it comes back with an error that appears to be hard drive related and it will not open windows platform etc... the only solution is to perform a full system back up via discs and not via the hard drive, as it will not respond reference previous backing of the system.

When this is completed I've then done a full diagnosis scan and no issues were found??....

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

"An error that appears to be hard drive related"? And that error would be......?

0 Kudos