Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 6th, 2014 14:00

XPS 8700 Blu-ray & Bluetooth Drivers don't work

I just bought the XPS 8700 and my Bluray player does not work. In the Device Manager i get the following message

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

The Bluray is recognized in the bios and in Windows the tray opens, so it has power to it.

When I perform the Dell analyzer to look for a new driver, the analyzer does not see the component and therefor does not offer up a driver for it.

Today I noticed that my Bluetooth has also stopped in the device manager and gives me this message

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Can anyone point me to the right drivers please

XPS 8700

Windows 8.1

Service tag: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Thanks Jim

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

February 7th, 2014 10:00

DUH!  :emotion-4:

Glad you're sorted now. Please mark this thread as answered.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

February 6th, 2014 16:00

BT driver for Win 8.1.

Do you have the latest Intel chipset and AMT HECI drivers for Win 8.1?

5 Posts

February 6th, 2014 17:00

Yes, while running the Dell analyzer, it recommends updating 2 files.

Intel Z87 Chipset Driver

Intel 7260 BT driver

The chipset installs but i get an error on the BT driver. " Installation Failed, A problem with the file download has prevented the driver installation. Please return to the Driver Results page to try again."

when I return to the Dell analyzer, it shows that the Chipset Driver still needs to be installed. I'm not sure where i should look to see which version is installed

5 Posts

February 6th, 2014 19:00

All problems solved. I had thought that Dell shipped with Windows 8.1 and it had not.

After the upgrade all is working fine now

Thanks

No Events found!