Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2013 08:00

XPS 8700 Rear Fan

Rear exhaust fan on my less than a month old XPS 8700 is not working. It won't spin and emits an audible chirwhen trying and failing to start. Does not appear to be a standard size fan. Was hoping someone could tell me what size it is so I can replace it?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 5th, 2013 11:00

Rear exhaust fan on my less than a month old XPS 8700 is not working. It won't spin and emits an audible chirwhen trying and failing to start. Does not appear to be a standard size fan. Was hoping someone could tell me what size it is so I can replace it?

Ecnad1

As the XPS 8700 is less than a month old and you should have a Dell warranty on the system, best to contact Dell's Technical support for a replacement fan.

Bev.

5 Posts

April 15th, 2014 07:00

I have my rear fan stop working as well and this is the second time it happen. It happens not halfway using the PC but when the PC is started or restarted. It managed to work again after I restarted the PC for the first time.

As I am posting on this forum, I just experienced it for the second time and managed to capture the screen shot. I run the Dell Diagnostic during Boot and it reported the same thing: abnormally huge RPM due to the fan is not spinning. Attached is the Dell Dignostic screen shot. http://imgur.com/kWDPQhd

It started to spin after the diagnostic.

My XPS 8700 PC is just around 9 months, I think it should still covered by the warranty. Can someone confirm the warranty include the rear fan?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 15th, 2014 08:00

HHBB

Yes, if the rear fan is part of the original OEM components, then it is covered by the Dell warranty.

I would suggest that you contact Dell's Technical Support ASAP, before the warranty expires about the issue.

Bev.

No Events found!