Highlighted
3 Silver

XPS 8700 Waves MaxxAudio Popping Noise

I have a brand new XPS 8700 desktop running Windows8. The sound card is Waves MaxxAudio. I have it hooked up to subwoofer and 5 speakers. The sound is OK, but there is a crackling/popping sound every 10 seconds or so.

What is causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: XPS 8700 Waves MaxxAudio Popping Noise

Hi jlsohio,

To assist you further, please let me know when exactly do you get the crackling noise from the speakers, is it when playing a particular audio file? (Try different Audio files)

May I know which Media player is used?

Please reply for further help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my new 8700 that I got last month. I use RealPlayer, however it will make these sounds with nothing on, If I turn the volume all the way down on the base unit I don't hear the noise and popping sounds. I called Dell, and the rep said that my speakers were bad, however they worked fine on my Dell 4550 that I replaced with the XPS 8700.

Best,

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my new 8700 that I got last month. I use RealPlayer, however it will make these sounds with nothing on, If I turn the volume all the way down on the base unit I don't hear the noise and popping sounds. I called Dell, and the rep said that my speakers were bad, however they worked fine on my Dell 4550 that I replaced with the XPS 8700.

Best,

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Best,

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Mike,

I suggest you to check the Audio Jacks, Speakers and audio cables for damage. Test the audio output port through a known good head phones or different external speakers and check if you get the same pop-up sound.

Please post the results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: XPS 8700 Waves MaxxAudio Popping Noise

WE bought 2 of the exact same pcs. one works great and the other has the worst sound I have ever heard. its not the speakers its the sound card

0 Kudos