Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 4th, 2013 06:00

XPS 8700 Waves MaxxAudio Popping Noise

I have a brand new XPS 8700 desktop running Windows8. The sound card is Waves MaxxAudio. I have it hooked up to subwoofer and 5 speakers. The sound is OK, but there is a crackling/popping sound every 10 seconds or so.

What is causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 5th, 2013 09:00

Hi jlsohio,

To assist you further, please let me know when exactly do you get the crackling noise from the speakers, is it when playing a particular audio file? (Try different Audio files)

May I know which Media player is used?

Please reply for further help.

August 16th, 2013 13:00

I have the same problem with my new 8700 that I got last month. I use RealPlayer, however it will make these sounds with nothing on, If I turn the volume all the way down on the base unit I don't hear the noise and popping sounds. I called Dell, and the rep said that my speakers were bad, however they worked fine on my Dell 4550 that I replaced with the XPS 8700.

Best,

Mike

I have the same problem with my new 8700 that I got last month. I use RealPlayer, however it will make these sounds with nothing on, If I turn the volume all the way down on the base unit I don't hear the noise and popping sounds. I called Dell, and the rep said that my speakers were bad, however they worked fine on my Dell 4550 that I replaced with the XPS 8700.

Best,

Mike

Best,

Mike

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 18th, 2013 09:00

Hi Mike,

I suggest you to check the Audio Jacks, Speakers and audio cables for damage. Test the audio output port through a known good head phones or different external speakers and check if you get the same pop-up sound.

Please post the results.

1 Message

January 17th, 2014 12:00

WE bought 2 of the exact same pcs. one works great and the other has the worst sound I have ever heard. its not the speakers its the sound card

No Events found!