Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2013 05:00

XPS 8700 Windows 8 re-install

Hi

I want to partition the 2Tb drive in my new 8700 desktop into 2 volumes, rather than the single huge C:

I also want to use my copy of Win8 Pro - so I thought it would probably be easier all round to re-install from my boot CD.

However, once I've booted from the CD and selected [Install] I get a prompt asking me for the location of drivers for an unsupported drive in my machine. I thought these may be located on the CD provided with the machine, so I inserted this and chose the [Browse] option to look for drivers, but only to find that there is no CD drive in the browse list - I have the hard drive and the USB drives, but no CD drive.

I'm guessing this is a simple fix, but can't think where to start? Any help appreciated :)

Thanks, Stuart

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

September 10th, 2013 06:00

Hi Stuart,

Please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further.

Click on my username select start a private conversation and send me the details.

4 Posts

September 11th, 2013 11:00

Hi, I sent my Tag number over 24 hours ago now, do you have any suggestions as to how I can solve this problem?

4 Posts

September 12th, 2013 09:00

If you can't help me with this, then please tell me and I'll go elsewhere for help! Just ignoring me is becoming rather frustrating! I've done some research on this problem myself (got fed up waiting for your response) and it would appear to be USB 3.0 related somehow. I don't know if this helps you narrow down the solution or not.

No Events found!