Arnold3202
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 8900 / 6th Gen Intel Skylake Freezing (UPDATED WITH RESOLUTION...ALL IN THE BIOS)

Jump to solution

Sorry If I jump late on that thread; but I am so discouraged!

I have that freeze problem with my 2 months old Windows 10 XPS 8900.

It freezes after 5 or 15 minutes or several hours sometimes; it looks random.

This PC ran for 1 1/2 months without any problem, now it's freezing more than 10 times a day since 1 week.

Was a solution found for this problem?

0 Kudos
littdh6
1 Copper

RE: XPS 8900 / 6th Gen Intel Skylake Freezing (UPDATED WITH RESOLUTION...ALL IN THE BIOS)

Jump to solution

So I have to go without power management on a brand new computer? Will there be a fix? Has Dell said anything about this? 

0 Kudos
InTheZoneAC
2 Iron

Jump to solution

read the very first post please, it's right there

thanks

0 Kudos
Arnold3202
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It's dated Dec. 25...

The conclusive post is inserted at the beginning of the thread?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
InTheZoneAC
2 Iron

Jump to solution

again, click on page 1 and READ THE VERY FIRST POST

thanks

it is much easier to click on the first post and read the resolution, than to read through several scattered pages to try and find the resolution. That's why it's the first thing you read on page one, regardless of date. All info after is just the process leading up to the conclusion.

0 Kudos
Arnold3202
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I understand!

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
jester
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Franky, you should simply disable all power-management options in the BIOS.  And then in windows.  That will eliminate most of your problems right there.  It's a 65Watt box- that's a small lightbulb-- you're not consuming a forest if you never shut it off.

0 Kudos