Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2016 11:00

XPS 9000: Internal Speakers or No?

I recently set up my new XPS 9000.  I bought a dell monitor with speakers which is connected to the tower via HDMI.  I've tried to turn on the internal speakers, rather than using the monitor, but am not able to.  I've gone to the sound settings and see the 'speakers/headphones' option listed as a playback device but the option to enable is greyed out when I right-click.  I can disable the monitor as a playback device but cannot enable the default speakers.  I'm wondering if this machine just doesn't have internal speakers?  Anyone else have this machine and is able to hear playback through internal speakers?

2.3K Posts

February 20th, 2016 12:00

There are no internal speakers on the Studio XPS 9000 tower.  You will have to use the monitor speakers or headphones to get any sound outside of a beep. 

February 20th, 2016 12:00

Bearmermt79, thanks for the definitive answer.  At least I know there's nothing wrong or I didn't have a brain cramp when trying to enable them.  Thanks!

2.3K Posts

February 20th, 2016 15:00

Hey no problem!  You will generally find internal speakers on Small Form Factor pc's in the business sector as well as the usual laptops FYI.  

No Events found!