NightsongWS
1 Copper

Re: XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

If anyone does find out the real reasons, please post and let the rest of us know?  I desperately need a reliable computer for school, but now my 10/21 order has been pushed back to 1/6 and I'm at my wit's end.  That's a whole quarter of school lost.  I've sent in two emails now and never even received automated replies.

0 Kudos
Labida123
1 Nickel

Don't send emails - you will NEVER get an answer from Dell. Call them, but don't expect any real answers. You will talk to someone with a heavy accent who will apologize at least 20 times during your conversation, but not offer any resolution - because they can't! Dell is pretty much screwed up right now - nothing seems to work for them. As said before, I finally gave up on  them and took my business somewhere else. When Dell themselves can't tell me what the hold-up of my computer is, then all hope is lost IMHO.

0 Kudos
ZeroStick
1 Nickel

Good news. My 8000 arrived today.  I set it up and played Aion and it looks and works beautiful.

11/07-ordered

12/5-recieved

My only semi-complaint is that the FedEx deliverer was driving a Uhaul truck, very weird.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mmainprize
3 Argentium

I ordered one on 11-30 and they say it will ship on 12-17, You guys seem to still be waiting for your, so i guess i should get ready for delays

0 Kudos
jhawkins1
1 Nickel

mmainprize

we should keep the boards updated with the progress of our builds.  I orderd thanksgiving weekend, 11/29, off the website.  Expected delivery 12/15.  I have had 2 online chats with dell service reps and been told that everything is on schedule.

0 Kudos
n2speed125
1 Nickel

Ordered my XPS 8000 on Nov. 19.. Original delivery date Dec. 8.. Received email on Dec. 3 with a delay till Dec.15.. I talked to Dell customer service on Nov. 30 and was told then, that everything was on schedule for a Dec.8 delivery.. Obviously they don't know what they are talking about or just telling us what we want to hear.. I don't understand how hard it would be for them to just be truthful and tell their customers what the real status is, this way the customer can decide whether it's worth it to wait or take their  business somewhere else..  I have always ordered my computers from Dell and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had.. It's no wonder they are losing to their competitors..

0 Kudos
mmainprize
3 Argentium

jhawkins

The trend is clear, they start with about 2 week to build and ship, then a few days before it is to ship you get a notice of delays.

In my case i had to buy the Star Trek game and Movie for $30 to get the 25% discount. That was a rouse, to stop you from canceling your order. Because they ship that Star Trek item right away, and that puts the order status in the Production state. You can not cancel while in the production state until after a delay or two. I find it hard to believe that if my PC is in production and i wait two week, and then get a delay e-mail like many other have, that it is really in production. As we all know these days a PC is assembled on a assembly line and once it is started it is complete in a few hours from that start time.

So the delays are still present and i fully expect a delay e-mail. As you have stated, if you call in they will look at the web page status and tell you what you want to hear that it is on schedule. They know no more then you do about when it will ship.

0 Kudos
Brian_0722
1 Nickel

i was thinking to order the XPS 8000..

but after i read this post...guess not~~

btw..you guys live in CA or USA..

will that make any different for the delay?

0 Kudos
yk322
2 Iron

I ordered  the xps 8000 on 11/18 - expected delivery was 12/7 it got delayed till 12/14. I called customer support and they said its delayed because its in high demand. I then emailed my rep and he emailed me back:

I pulled up your order and the 1 TB hard drive has a slight delay, so as soon as they receive that part and pop it in you will be good to go.   Sorry for the delay, but it should not delay the order by much.

After reading these posts and others i have a feeling it will be delayed even more, I guess I'll just have to be patient. My friend ordered a HP a week after me and it was shipped already but from Shanghai, China, and we live in New York.....

0 Kudos
jhawkins1
1 Nickel

First, we should start a pool!!! 

We all throw into a pot and the person who guesses closest to their delivery date wins.  Atleast that way we have something to do while we wait.  Dell service reps can play as well since they dont know anymore than we do.  I crack myself up.

Second, these are the issues as supplied by dell (to various posters on this forum)

-Motherboards not recognizing RAM

-Keyboard (my personal favorite)

-Video card shortage

-1 TB Hard drive shortage

Third, its December 7th and either I only have 1 more busy week until delivery or any day/night now I will be receiving an EMAIL from Dell saying DELAYED.  Big Week!

****Of course Gambling is illegal and I was joking. Moderators,  Please dont make me type this again*******

0 Kudos