Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

10 Posts

December 15th, 2009 12:00

I'm glad I found this thread.  I ordered the XPS 9000 on 11/27 and was originally given a delivery date of 12/16.  On 12/13 the EDD on the order status page changed to 1/12 and the next day I got an email telling me the same thing.  Nothing special about my build - the i7 920, GTX 260 and two 640 GB drives configured as RAID 1.   I'm replacing a 7 year old 8250 that still functions but is really at the end of it's life cycle.  If I go on the website and customize the same machine I get an expected ship date of 1/4, which is obviously horse hockey.  I've been buying Dells since they came with the PC Limited label and it really pains me to see them mislead customers this way.  I'm not really desperate to get it, although it was planned as a family Christmas present, so I'll wait but if it slips much more I'll have to really think about the equivalent HP.  Does anyone have any experience with HP's desktop support?  My experience with the XPS support people (mostly in the Philippines) has generally been good.  I also have an XPS 410 that's been a very solid machine. 

9 Posts

December 15th, 2009 13:00

After over 3 hours on the phone with customer care and the order modification department. The answer from Johnathon (allegedly the manager for the order modification department) as of today 12/15 the Blu-Ray player is the part on backorder and delaying my XPS 8000. This was after two other pepole in his department claimed that the delay was due to the chassis and/or the processor

6 Posts

Hello All,

New to the Community.  I wish I had visited here before entering my order.  I ordered an XPS 11/26, estimated delivery of 12/16.  I phoned today as I had not heard anything yet and was told they "hoped" to have it delivered by 12/29, not in time for Christmas.  I asked for 1 day shipping but was told it would not me done.  I also felt like I was encouraged to cancel my order for a full refund.  I'm very surprised at how poorly this is being handled by Dell, definitely not like my previous experiences.  I'm also surprised that Dell hasn't put out an official response of any kind informing customers of the issue and their plan to address the issue.  Anyway, I don't expect any positive outcome for me personally, but will be putting out a few negative user reviews to ensure others are aware of the "New" Dell.  I would encourage all of you to do the same as I'm not sure many perspective buyers look at the Dell forums when considering their purchase.  Good luck all.

10 Posts

After over 3 hours on the phone with customer care and the order modification department. The answer from Johnathon (allegedly the manager for the order modification department) as of today 12/15 the Blu-Ray player is the part on backorder and delaying my XPS 8000. This was after two other pepole in his department claimed that the delay was due to the chassis and/or the processor

I think Jonathan was blowing sunshine up your skirt.  My build didn't include a Blu-Ray drive and there are multiple manufacturers they can source them from.  Apples that use the i7 are also supposed to be badly back ordered, so that would be my guess.

18 Posts

ouch

27 Posts

December 15th, 2009 14:00

Just got off the phone with one of the Dell "escalation team"employees and she said there are NO shortages of parts.. I mentioned that I've been reading the customer forums and customer are being told of numerous part shortages and she assured me there are none.. She said the only thing that's holding up the orders is that they received too many orders and can't fill them fast enough.. I mentioned to her that I have read of customers ordering their systems after I ordered mine and they have already received theirs, she said that all orders are filled in the order that they are received.. I also mentioned to her that if I go to their website today and configure the same exact system, it gives me a ship date of 12/25, which is a total lie as I have place my order on Nov.19th as am yet to see it almost a month later.. Anyway, good luck to all.. I'm waiting to receive my next delay email at 12:10 am Dec. 17th..

9 Posts

Oh I agree, Johnathon was fast talking and repeating himself and contradicting himself the whole time. Although I ordered the XPS with the i5 processor option. He suggested that I cancel the order and place a new order without the Blu-Ray and then proceeded to tell me that wouldn't ship until Jan 15th and he couldn't expediate that order because it would be a new order and not a delayed order.

9 Posts

kc5f can you post your configuration? I would be curious to see what they are shipping since I've been told today that the chassis, the processor (I ordered the i5) and the Blu-Ray player were on backorder. Not that all three were on backorder, but in the course of one phone call I was given three different answers.

15 Posts

Well, maybe some good news everyone...  My order has FINALLY been updated to "Shipped" on every page - my accout paget, order status page, and order details page.  For now, the tracking numbers are not available, but the text has changed there as well to "Data Temporarily Unavailable".  And if memory serves this is normal.

I'll keep the thread updated if indeed I do receive a tracking number.  Good luck to all...

5 Posts

December 15th, 2009 16:00

IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER, listen up:

Don't let these jokers at Dell give you the runaround about not being able to cancel your order, because they are straight lying and they know it!  Even if your order has a status of "In Production", you are still able to cancel it.  I myself have done so successfully, and so have others in this thread.  Please call this number: 1-800-247-2076.  Make sure to ask to speak with the supervisor, because the subordinates will give you the usual trash about not being able to cancel it.  They'll likely not want to turn the phone over to him, but if you're persistent enough, they will.

Don't let them trick you into paying for a system with NO EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE.  Don't believe those updated EDD's, because they are just an attempt to keep your immediate hopes up.  Your money is likely to be tied up with them for months, as some of the people here can attest, and that's absolutely ridiculous when there are so many other alternatives.  

1-800-247-2076   <====== Again, call this number to cancel your order! 

2 Posts

December 15th, 2009 17:00

I placed an order for xps 8000(i7 860) on 11/8/2009 and i got my 4th order delay email today (12/15/2009). this time the edd is 12/22/2009. I lost hope that I would see any change in the order status. People at dell are inefficient and irresponsible and a bunch of liars. They should change their name from Customer Care to "Customer Don't Care". I looked at their website yesterday and when i tried to build an identical order the edd is 12/24/2009 how is that possible?

260 Posts

December 15th, 2009 21:00

I canceled my fully loaded XPS 9000 also after the first delay of one extra month added to the EDD.

The good news is with all of us people canceling orders than those that don't will get there orders sooner.

If you plan on waiting just know it will take 2 to 3 months for your order to be filled at this time. It is best to not call and ask any question or check the status during this process as it will only make you upset.

15 Posts

December 16th, 2009 05:00

ok this is an update from a day or two ago when i posted. i think all the calling and talking to a supevisor and sending numerous emails helped. as its say my xps 9000 has shipped and say the same thing in the four places you can check your status. they also have a hold on my $ now so it must have shipped. im not gonna hold my breath till i recieve my tracking number..seems like all the dates have been pushed earlier on their site. maybe dell finally got their act together and is starting to ship the systems, i dont know really tho.  has anyone else have their system ship or updated?

Mine has also been shipped and I received my tracking information this morning.  Good luck everyone!

4 Posts

December 16th, 2009 05:00

ok this is an update from a day or two ago when i posted. i think all the calling and talking to a supevisor and sending numerous emails helped. as its say my xps 9000 has shipped and say the same thing in the four places you can check your status. they also have a hold on my $ now so it must have shipped. im not gonna hold my breath till i recieve my tracking number..seems like all the dates have been pushed earlier on their site. maybe dell finally got their act together and is starting to ship the systems, i dont know really tho.  has anyone else have their system ship or updated?just be nice when you call and be polite. i think it might help. i am usually really quick to start yelling and cursing at situations, but dont it doesnt help and it wont get you anywhere.

UPDATE JUST CALLED THE AUTO NUMBER TO CHECK MY ORDER STATUS AND IT SHIPPED YESTERDAY AND I RECIEVED THE TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!!!FINALLY LOOKS LIKE IT TAKES EXCATLY A MONTH TO GET THE SYSTEM. I ORDERED ON 11/19 AND WILL RECEIVE IT ON 12/18!!!! i never expected this to happen as the last delay said 12/28/09 but i never got an email saying that,but  i was told by the supervisor.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU CANCELING, MAKING MY ORDER GO FASTER :)

10 Posts

December 16th, 2009 06:00

Well my order shipped today, and it's actually going to arrive on the 19th instead of 21st. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I was a little worried after reading all these posts.

Sorry not everyone had the same luck as me :( but hopefully this is a sign that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for all of you.

No Events found!