Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

28 Posts

December 28th, 2009 11:00

Please delete. Posted in error. Thanks!

28 Posts

Has anyone recieved any news in regards of theirs orders?

Over the Christmas weekend, my order status showed Delivery Prep sometimes, then sometimes showed Shipped but no tracking info available, then back to Delivery Prep.  Today (Monday) it finally shows "Shipped" with the tracking info.  FedEx reports that it is In Transit from Dell to its shipping facility in Texas.  I ordered an Inspiron for my sister in early December and it was shipped from Mexico to FedEx in El Paso for delivery to Virginia.  I'm assuming this one will follow the same pattern. 

Mine is not a delayed shipment, however.  I ordered it on 12/11 and it has always shown an EDD of 1/6.  FedEx estimated delivery is now 1/2, which would actually make it an early delivery if it makes it here by then.  So, in that light, I have to say Dell has delivered as promised and I am very hopeful that my new computer will be well built and problem free. Good luck to everyone on getting your new Dells very soon!

Catherine

XPS 8000 i7-860, 8G, 640G HD, nVidea 240, wireless KB/mouse, SP2310W monitor

152 Posts

Has anyone recieved any news in regards of theirs orders?

152 Posts

December 28th, 2009 12:00

How could that be possible? I order the same system as your except 1TB HDD  and mine is still in production. I know for the fact that 1TB are in stock since they have shipped other PC with 1TB HDD. mY order was on 12/9 and it was delayed to 01/06?

Ahh, forgot that I ordered it through dell. It will be here next year.

15 Posts

December 28th, 2009 16:00

I subscribed to this thread and now I'm stuck!

Heres my two cents.  If you guys read all the posts on here you'll see my story.  I canceled my order.

Anyway in my opinion Dell is delaying the orders on certain deals they made hoping the consumer will cancel.  I got an I7 with 8gb, 240 video card, and monitor for arounf 1050$..  Thats an incredible deal.  You know the old saying if its to good to be true then it probably is.  Well, in my oinion Dell made deals it did not want to honor and then delayed shipping those comps.  Thats why they didnt fight it at all when I called to cancel. 

I also love the fact that they delete posts but if you are subscribed you still get them.  ***.

152 Posts

Thanks for the 2cents and many people will take it into their considration.

I got a good deal and I have to admit it but I won't give up. I want my PC and I will get it, they can delay it as much as they want but I will try to get something out of this. They have already broke their promise to keep me satisfy and I couldn't make it for Xmas as a gift but I won't give it all up.

Lets see what will happen.

Keep in mind that I have always got a good deal at Dell and this wasn't the first time. I have always got them on time (even new models) but this time because of the holidays they have messed up really bad. I have no other option right now except staying on top of the deal./

152 Posts

My post was deleted. What if you build my system instead?

12 Posts

December 28th, 2009 17:00

I ordered the exact same computer as yours except I ordered a 22" monitor

152 Posts

OspTelco,

Could you share your order specs? Did you order nVidia 260? or somthing that has caused this delay?

12 Posts

Ordered XPS 8000 11-23-09 and as of 12/28/09 still no computer!

152 Posts

OspTelco

thats a shame. Thats a long wait:O where is his computer Dell? Do you guys hire, I may be able to assemble my own PC in Dell?

Moderator, when are you going to stop deleting usfull posts?

13 Posts

December 28th, 2009 19:00

How is the refurb?  I have been seriously considering an XPS 8000 refurb.

December 28th, 2009 20:00

Another update (and unsubscribe):

Recieved the machine today (and in fact am using it now).  It shipped out on the 23rd, yet did not make the cutoff date for next day, so I get it today. Transfered all the files and email accounts.  The thing seems to just whirl along - pretty slick and fairly quite and fast (as others have attested to).  So I will keep praying that all goes well, and the thing stands up over time (I buy a home computer about once every 8-10 years).

I do think the ticket is through the BBB to those who are still waiting and have waited. I am not done with my complaint, and am waiting to here how the rest goes. Someone takes stock in their standing with the BBB - thus significant movement and the sensitivity involved with thier membership.  A grade of "C" would not get me too excited about how others viewed my business - competition is fierce out there.  And I continue to be concerned if my box decides to act out if Dell will step up to keep its warranty - if the problems in getting the machine is any indication, then we all might be in trouble.  Hope does spring eternal: I desire that Dell returns to being the great American company we all know it can be.

Been good knowing you folks and good fortune and Happy New Year!

December 28th, 2009 21:00

It's a total mess.  I'm ready to call consumer protection...this is insane.  Today I got a promise that the manager would return my call (what a lie).  They keep trying to cancel my order on me, as they keep delaying it.  I've never seen anything like this in my life.

I ordered my XPS 8000 12/2/09

Specs:
1    Studio XPS 8000, Intel Core i7-860 processor(8MB Cache, 2.80GHz)
1    8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz-4x2GB
1    Dell Consumer Multimedia Keyboard, US
1    Dell 20 inch ST2010F Widescreen Flat Panel
1    nVidia GeForce GTX260 1792MB GDDR3
1    1TB Serial ATA II Hard Drive 7200 RPM
1    Dell Resource DVD with Application Backup
1    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
1    Dell Studio USB Optical Mouse
1    16X DVD+/-RW and 16X DVD-ROM
1    Sound Blaster X-Fi MB Panzer version 1.2

My order was originally set to be delivered by 12/22/09 then pushed to 12/31 and now to 1/8/10 and I keep getting notifications via email or telephone saying my order will be canceled if I don't respond within 24 hours to agree with the revised arrival date. Never in my life have I had a harder time with buying a computer. I can't believe it...I even asked for a tech in the US instead of India - who is the next rep I get transferred to? Another outsourced rep that can't seem to do anything for me except give me more canned fluff excuses. Asked to talk to a manager, waited on hold...of course they're busy. They'll call me back. It's been 6 hours, and never heard back from them.

This whole thing is just highly upsetting.  The joy in purchasing such a nice new pc is gone for me up until this point.  Never in my life did I try and see a company not want to make a $1400 sale go through and ship the product. 5-6 weeks wait for a computer is insanity, if you ask me.  I am being treated like just any other guy in line at a burger place waiting to buy a 99 cent hamburger.  This is unbelievable.  If any customer care reps are reading this right now, please make this right for me and the other patient and loyal customer who have supported dell for years.  By viewing this thread, it looks as if I'm not the only one.

What makes me even more crazy?  My friend ordered my identical system only with the xps 9000 case, about 3 days after I did.  He got his in over a week ago and has already been enjoying it.  He lives a few towns over.  There is no rhyme or reason to this...

3 Posts

December 28th, 2009 22:00

Hi Everyone. 

This is just to close the loop on my issue. I am writing up this post from my brand new Acer Aspire M7721. I made the absolutely correct decision to cancel my dell order and to switch to Acer. Would the Dell system have better specs? possibly, though I might still be wondering about it until today. The difference is that I am already able to use my computer straight away with the Acer purchase. At least Dell has sent me the cheque for the refund pretty quickly. But I will make sure I continue to get email updates from this forum to remind me of the mistake I nearly made with Dell. I wish everyone a Happy New Year to come and the best of luck with the purchases. 

Cheers!

No Events found!