Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

12 Posts

December 29th, 2009 13:00

Ordered XPS 8000 11-23-09 and as of 12/29/09 still no computer! Copy and paste everyday until I get it.

December 29th, 2009 14:00

Dell's customer service dept. needs some serious work. Why is it that other computer companies can handle their orders, but Dell can only give estimates. 

I love their use of the word 'occasional'. 

Time to go with a new company and receive some real customer service? 

8 Posts

December 29th, 2009 15:00

This saddens me to read all these negative posts.  I hope Dell gets this situation turned around soon.  It is a shame and the customers deserve better.  Maybe 2010 will bring better results.

152 Posts

So after my complaint with B3, I just recieved a call from Dell. Basically she said that I need to wait. Estimated shipping date is Jan 6th and she said that she will have an eye on the order.

All I could get was to waive my shipping charges(it was two days delivery which was upgraded to one day by Dell but I paid $59).

She said that she will call me back on Monday with more news. Jan 4th.

+ She said we can't compare order with eachother. So if you ordered before I did then in case that I get my PC, don't complain:emotion-2:

Cheers everyone!!!

Yeah, good luck with your customer service rep.  I received a call from Rupe (you guessed it - from India) about a week before Christmas.  That was thanks to a couple of posts on facebook, which Dell must read.  She told me she would keep an eye on my order and definitely would stay in contact with me.  That was the one and only conversation I had with her.  A few days later, I received another email from Dell to tell me that my order was delayed another couple of weeks.  No more customer service from Dell. 

It's a sad to see Dell fall this low.  I have switched companies after being a loyal customer for years. 

Again, Nimche - good luck. 

152 Posts

December 29th, 2009 16:00

You are right disappointedx24, since this is not my first experience with Dell.

I hope they ship my order soon. I just remember that I had the same problem with XPS1340 laptop when they came out last year and the very first delay I cancelled my order.

Somthing that I forgot to mention from her speech was, she said none of my unit componants are on backorder. She said I need to wait while they are supplying other customers units before mine. EDD 01/06, she said it around 5 time, I was going to kick myself afterwards.

Anyways, keep in touch everyone.

28 Posts

December 29th, 2009 18:00

Got an email from Dell 12/28 at 7:30 p.m. that my 8000 had "shipped", which only meant it left the plant heading to FedEx for actual shipping.  It is now showing up on FedEx website tracking info as having "arrived at FedEx facility" in Ft. Worth, TX.  Hopefully tomorrow it will start its journey to Virginia!

(I noticed from this one and a recent order that FedEx puts a two day delivery date when it first comes up on their system. This is not accurate and it takes a couple of days for them to put the "real" delivery date in their info which has been a couple days later from my two December orders.)

Recap:  Ordered 12/11, 8000 i7, 8G RAM, 640 HD, nVidia 240, SP2310W monitor.

December 29th, 2009 21:00

Yes there is something wrong.  You are trying to work with a company that does not have any customer service. 

I know there are a lot of people waiting fof there computer orders and their order has been delayed and delayed.  I wish all of you that wait around for a Dell  computer the best of luck.  I've had enough. I've found a company which treats the customer as real people. 

152 Posts

What this is then? Same system as I ordered except the 1Tb HDD instead of your 640.

There is something really wrong here.

Still in production.........................

4 Posts

Outta Here is Outta Here

5 Posts

December 30th, 2009 07:00

Here is an update on my order.

11/24/09 - Ordered XPS 8000 through the Dell website. Received email giving estimated shipping date of 12/9/09 and estimated delivery date of 12/15/09.

12/10/09 - Received an email giving a revised estimated delivery date of 12/22/09.

12/17/09 - Received an email with a revised estimated delivery date of 12/31/09.

12/20/09 - Received an email giving the status as shipped with a shipped date of 12/19/09, an estimated delivery date of 12/29/09.

12/29/09 - Received the computer.

19 Posts

December 30th, 2009 08:00

After reading this forum for the past month and posting a few times I do want to report that I did receive my XPS 8000 yesterday ....1 day early.  Ordered 12/9 with original EDD of 12/30.

Also, for what it's worth based on previous posts one of the first things I did was check the RAM and HDD.  The hard drive was fine, but the RAM was not.  I ordered 6 GB with 4 Dimms and only 4 GB was being used per Windows 7.  I rebooted, selected F2 to check the setup and it also only showed 4 GB RAM.  So, I'm thinking Dell forgot to install the two 1 GB sticks....I was soo hoping it wasn't a MB problem as reported in other forums.    Anyway, I opened up the case and all four sticks were there 2 - 2GB and 2 - 1GB. But on closer inspection the 2 - 1GB sticks weren't "clicked" in.  They were just resting in the slots.  So  with a little push I was able to click in the 2 - 1GB and now have 6 GB Ram.  Whewww.. I sure didn't want to have to start working with Dell trying to resolve issues the first day...

Merry Christmas all.  Hope your computers hurry up and get to you.

152 Posts

December 30th, 2009 09:00

Congrats to people who have received their orders.

Sorry to people who have not received their systems and on behalf of DELL (since they are not brave enough to accept it) I apologize for any delay and any problems which this issue has caused for you. Even B3 couldn't take care of them.

I am still in production, and no chance of getting it before the end of the year. Such a SHAME!

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

12 Posts

December 30th, 2009 10:00

Ordered my XPS 8000 11/23/09 and today the skys opened up and I finally recieved my 8000. Tonight I will set it up and give a report of the end result. I hope computers are starting to roll out for everybody.

152 Posts

December 30th, 2009 11:00

OspTelco,

Did you get any email notifications? Did the status change online? Yesterday you didn't know that its comming?

What hapened?

No Events found!