nimche
2 Iron

Re: XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

Wow. I'm shocked.

Me too!

I am speechless......They are working around the clock but not on our computers.(I am not totally speechless, apparently something is coming out of my month)(Watch is TOS23)!

Deal with Dell, No Deal No Dell, Dell with Deal, No Dell better life

XPS 8000 Owner!

0 Kudos
nimche
2 Iron

...however,..my plan is to wait them out... 

This is kind of stupid questions but how long are you willing to wait to get this thing?

XPS 8000 Owner!

0 Kudos
nimche
2 Iron

Love you TOS20!

XPS 8000 Owner!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Bama XPS
1 Nickel

LaruscoB

these are for you guys to laugh. Its crazy that you are still here. I wouldn't show up if I were you after receiiving my Dell.

Lets hope to get the unit somewhere between now and 12th.

I still read these posts too.  Nimche is entertaining...

It's quite fascinating....this whole subject.  ...how some customers can get their order within 2-3 weeks and others are going on 3 months without theirs.

If this were a restaurant half the customers would be leaving because they haven't received their food yet, while others who came in a couple hours later have already eaten, paid, and out the door.

Even though I received my XPS 8000 within the EDD all of this will make me think twice before I buy another home computer in another 4 years or so.

Good luck

0 Kudos
nimche
2 Iron

Love you TOS20 again, I am used to have my post to be deleted. What if I talk to Mr. Dell about this issue, he may understand the freedom of speech? At last he live in the US and work under US regulation...

XPS 8000 Owner!

0 Kudos
rbest27
1 Copper

So I'm guessing this won't be anything new, but I put in an order for and Inspiron 17 on 11/24, got that one by 12/19/09. 4 days later I decided I'd like a XPS 8000, I still haven't recieved it. It was due to be here today but after the 3rd delay I can't get a straight answer from anyone. I don't think next day shipping is any consolation for being almost 60 days from time of purchase. I use Dell machines daily and I really enjoy them, but when customer service is this bad, I'm bound to end up with a different company. Let's say I don't pay them for 60 days and what happens then? It really is disappointing that they cannot keep to their word. 3 delays becomes unacceptable in my mind. How about an upgrade, a discount or throw us some software. After this experience I will definately think twice.

0 Kudos
TinFL
1 Nickel

Just wondering…is the term poo poo ok?

I use it with my 2 yr old.

Dells “1st come / 1st served” is total poo poo.

And this is really poo pooy customer service.

0 Kudos
TinFL
1 Nickel

So with everyones description of systems ordered, and Kungfuzhun getting system so quickly…this is my theory…

Kungfuzhun had 1.5 TB I’m going to guess 2x750?

Everyone else has 1TB or some multiple.  Maybe that’s the hold up?

Doesn’t make me feel good since my systems have

1TB, 1TB RAID1 (2x1TB), 1TB RAID1 (2x1TB),

I might be waiting FOREVER!

One reason I haven’t bought elsewhere is because I can’t get 1TB anywhere else…retail store or HP website…Hmmmm

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DR2ooo
1 Nickel

I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now, since I'm in the same boat with all of you.

I placed an order for my computer on December 10th. My EDD was moved multiple times from December to January 4th, 8th, and now to 12th. I, as many of you, have been Dell customer for many years for my personal and family needs as well as for business. Never had a problem before.

I've got a good deal on this machine and I can't really match the price anywhere, but Dell's own outlet. I've decided to wait it out until the 12th and see what happens and if it's not going anywhere try getting a refurbished machine.

Here are the specs of the machine on my order:

Studio XPS 8000, Intel Core i7-860 processor(8MB Cache, 2.80GHz)
8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz-4x2GB
Dell 23 inch ST2310 WidescreenFlat Panel
nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB GDDR3
Serial ATA II RAID 0 With Dual 500GB Hard Drives
16X DVD+/-RW and 16X DVD-ROM

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nimche
2 Iron

Just wondering…is the term poo poo ok?

I use it with my 2 yr old.

Dells “1st come / 1st served” is total poo poo.

And this is really poo pooy customer service.

Such a artistic description.... I am in total amaze.

Thank you for this wonderful poetry.

XPS 8000 Owner!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos