Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

152 Posts

January 7th, 2010 13:00

Rumor, again just a rumor has that dell and others are having credit problems for parts and hence the shortage.

Well this is the part I don't understand.

I don't have parts = I can sell more because I will lose customers.

They should instead encouraging customers to but other desktops like 9000 but they started to sell 8100 XPS?

Doesn't make sense,

Dellache

98 Posts

If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

I agree and it took a refund threat to get mine.  They also gave me one day shipping but it took 48 hours for them to get it into the system and too FEDEX.

152 Posts

I chatted with a CSR. He said that "I understand but due to unavailability of parts its getting delayed" and he said he doesn't have enough information to find out which one and system doesn't show any updates on parts delay.

All in all, I don't know what we can do except canceling the going to HP?

46 Posts

January 7th, 2010 14:00

For those who are waiting on the 8000's and want to cancel and order the new 8100, think about this first.  I would strongly urge you to contact Dell and ask/demand that they send you the 8100 with the same specs and at the same price.  Be firm and persistent and make it clear that you expect them to in good faith upgrade your order to the new system since they have delayed your order so long and you don't want an obsolete system.  Just my thought....

Chris

13 Posts

I would, but it would cost me over $200 more.

152 Posts

I see some issues.......

I think we all have to order XPS 8100 instead or they will eventually offer us the same thing. Out of a part in XPS 8000 without knowing when they will be shipped.

All of these delays will end to no where.

I just cancelled. Will order a 8100...

108 Posts

I can understand, you have been waiting a lot longer than I have. My order was 12/27 with an EDD of 1/25 that hasn't been delayed, yet.  However, how do you know that they will be delivering the 8100 any more efficiently than the 8000? You just put yourself back at the beginning of the queue again.   I would think cancelling and ordering a refurb from the Outlet would be the safer bet, you know they are built and will ship fairly quickly.

5 Posts

Good luck canceling now and having another long wait for an almost identical model that will cost you more!

152 Posts

January 7th, 2010 15:00

THX® TruStudio PC™ is just software. The 8100 specs show "Integrated 7.1 channel High Definition Audio". It seems like you don't currently have the option to upgrade to a sound card on the Dell customization process.

I think the 7.1 is integrated in and they have no option for the time being. Thank you for clarification.

2 Posts

nimche,

yes, I ordered a XPS 9000  with i7-975 Processor, 12 G RAM, and 3 T disk this afternoon, with a Studio XPS 16.  They told me that both should be delivered before the 7th of Feb.  I had told them that they have to be shure of themselves concerning the delivery date, because on the 15th of Feb, if not delivered, I will have to cancel the deal. From Feb the 17 th there will be no one at home.  My wife and I are going South for two months, (Florida, Louisiana, Texas).  Dell Canada told me that they didn't had any delivery problem on XPS 9000 and Studio XPS 16 here in Canada and they don't see why both computers shouldn't be delivered before the 7th of Feb.. I'm living in Quebec city.

Jac

33 Posts

second difference:

They don't offer soundcard:O This is what you get:

Sound: THX® TruStudio PC™

THX® TruStudio PC™ is just software. The 8100 specs show "Integrated 7.1 channel High Definition Audio". It seems like you don't currently have the option to upgrade to a sound card on the Dell customization process.

152 Posts

nimche,

yes, I ordered a XPS 9000 

Jac

Good for you and that is the way to go for now. I don't know when the XPS 8000 production will be over. Eventhough I have requested for order cancellation I don't see any emails yet.

Lets see for tomorrow morning. I think at the end, this thread will be closed when I still don't have a PC in front of me.

152 Posts

second difference:

They don't offer soundcard:O This is what you get:

Sound: THX® TruStudio PC™

152 Posts

January 7th, 2010 19:00

I think they have problems with their cancelling department too, I emailed and called but it is still in production. They may deliver it by 12th:>

Lets see. I doubt if anything happens.

152 Posts

January 7th, 2010 20:00

I will give you one, I can probably deliver it myself since you are one hour away. Could you email me?

No Events found!