Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

30 Posts

January 8th, 2010 18:00

Apparently we have had a few recent posts removed because of "violation of TOS". After reviewing mine and trying to remember the ones I had replied to that were also removed, I guess they do not like any words replaced with asterisks (I can't put the symbol or this will be removed), even if used as a joke and not replacing any real "rude or vulgar" words.  The only way I can make sense of this is that people might not realize what we meant and think we meant more vulgar words, but then, if they can think of more vulgar words, why would they be offended by ours?  Anyway, watch those asterisks!

Then again, maybe it was a reference to a certain country in SW Asia where many call centers are located.

Who knows...if Dell would pay as much attention to their production process as they do to these posts none of us would be here!

BTW if my systems got delivered  I would still SHOUT FOR JOY so loudly that my friends around the world could hear me :emotion-2:

It seems that making noise is the only way to get any response from these people.

January 8th, 2010 19:00

Ordered my XPS 8000 on 12/03

1st EDD 12/23

2nd EDD 01/04

3rd EDD 01/05

Status still shows as in production. Horrible and rude customer service with basically no authority or information. I can also check the satus of my order online, when I call I expect additional information to be provided as to whats going and and an assurance that by xxxx date I will definitly receive my order.

If I dont receive it by 01/05 I will cancel my order and will never ever buy from Dell.

-Ron

Finally received my XPS 8000 on Jan 5th, opened and set it up to notice that instead of 1 TB Raid 0 I see only 134 GB Raid 0. Called Tech support who gacve me 2 options

1. Reinstall the O/S

2. Return or exchange the system.

Since I was in a rush I said lets reinstall which we did. Today I realized that I dont have the recovery partition. I called Dell Tech support again and am told that it can only be done in factory install. So I am back to exchange/return options after waiting for the system for over a month, spending 4 hours with tech support on the day of receiving the system. I wish the tech support guy should have told me that on my first call. It would have saved me a lot of time and effort. Now that I have installed all my personal software which I will have to redo again once I receive my exchanged syste,m.. which I am not sure yet as for that I have to call customer service which is open till 9 PM EST.

I have learned a big lesson here. Never ever buy from Dell.

-Ron

108 Posts

January 8th, 2010 20:00

I just checked my order status and the EDD for my computer went from 1/25 to N/A.  Does that mean it will never be delivered? I have not received a phone call or an email saying anything about a change in order status.  Because I have another computer to work on, I do not have time to sit on hold and be transferred all of the world (I hope that doesn't get this deleted for violation of TOS), so I have tried to contact support through email, which is never answered or chat, all they did was give me a phone number, which I already had.  I would be happy if they just cancelled the order, or shipped my system or sent me a similar system from the Outlet or gave me an XPS 8100.  I just hate being in limbo, not knowing what is happening.  I could go to Best Buy and have the same system shipped in one day, but, I have to be sure Dell has cancelled my order first.  How frustrating.

I agree with the person who recently said they wished Dell would pay as much attention to our service concerns as they do to TOS violations.  One wrong word and you are deleted within 5 minutes, but, customer service emails that are supposed to be answered within 1 day go unanswered.

152 Posts

January 8th, 2010 22:00

This is what I have got from the Dell Cancelation Department:

Thank you for your response. We would like to inform you that your order was canceled . We regret that there was a delay in processing your order and that we were unable to connect with you to get your permission to continue processing it. We hope you will consider purchasing with Dell for your future needs.

If you still wish to receive these (Could someone please explain this line for me?) or other Dell products, we would be happy to serve you. Simply contact our Sales Department by calling 1-800-289-3355 and the first available Sales Representative will be eager to assist you. We value your business and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,

Dell Inc. Notification Team

They are just so lovely, what a wonderful letter to the customer from their bottom of their hearts. I was touched.

Anyways, I will miss these days. XPS 8100 is still in production.,,,,

January 9th, 2010 08:00

[quote user="ronnieyours"]

Ordered my XPS 8000 on 12/03

1st EDD 12/23

2nd EDD 01/04

3rd EDD 01/05

Status still shows as in production. Horrible and rude customer service with basically no authority or information. I can also check the satus of my order online, when I call I expect additional information to be provided as to whats going and and an assurance that by xxxx date I will definitly receive my order.

If I dont receive it by 01/05 I will cancel my order and will never ever buy from Dell.

-Ron

Finally received my XPS 8000 on Jan 5th, opened and set it up to notice that instead of 1 TB Raid 0 I see only 134 GB Raid 0. Called Tech support who gacve me 2 options

1. Reinstall the O/S

2. Return or exchange the system.

Since I was in a rush I said lets reinstall which we did. Today I realized that I dont have the recovery partition. I called Dell Tech support again and am told that it can only be done in factory install. So I am back to exchange/return options after waiting for the system for over a month, spending 4 hours with tech support on the day of receiving the system. I wish the tech support guy should have told me that on my first call. It would have saved me a lot of time and effort. Now that I have installed all my personal software which I will have to redo again once I receive my exchanged syste,m.. which I am not sure yet as for that I have to call customer service which is open till 9 PM EST.

I have learned a big lesson here. Never ever buy from Dell.

-Ron

[/quote]

Just got off the phone with Dell Customer Care.

The 2 Options I had were

1. Exchange

2. Return

I said I am wlling to keep the system provided you give me some discount. They said that they cannot offer me anything and I cannot even exchange the system and basically forced me to cancel the order for a full refund.

I feel violated here and disrepected.  This was a pure insult and wasnt expecting this from Dell. Atleast they could have let me exchange the system as it was not my fault.

-Ron

January 9th, 2010 08:00

Just got off the phone with Dell Customer Care.

The 2 Options I had were

1. Exchange

2. Return

I said I am wlling to keep the system provided you give me some discount. They said that they cannot offer me anything and I cannot even exchange the system and basically forced me to cancel the order for a full refund.

I feel violated here and disrepected.  This was a pure insult and wasnt expecting this from Dell. Atleast they could have let me exchange the system as it was not my fault.

-Ron

46 Posts

January 9th, 2010 09:00

Is there a place where I can file a formal complaint?

A couple of options are to file a complaint with the BBB or send a message to Dell via their "Unresolved Issues" form (small link at the far bottom of this page).  With that said, I have to ask what is the point?  They processed the return and are refunding your money.  I would highly recommend that you take that money and RUN elsewhere to purchase a system.  You have unfortunately experienced what is the Dell of today - they don't care and if you have a problem with a product you have to fight with them every step of the way in order to get the problem resolved.

I only wish I had taken my own advice a year ago when I had issues with Dell properly delivering the system I had ordered.  Now a year later I am stuck waiting for my second replacement system and am in a position where I can't do much else but wait because Dell doesn't care.  I've filed complaints to the BBB and Dell and I think that is helping to get my replacement system expedited, but I wish I were in a position where I could still get a refund.  I would definitely be taking my business elsewhere!

152 Posts

If you are in, this is the begining.

Go to this link and follow the instruction:

https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/missing_wrong_damaged?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1

keep us updated.

Complaining doesn't take you anywhere.

Hi.

Don't really know what to say about this situation. I'm just stunned at the poor service Dell continues to (not)provide.

I ordered my son's X-mas present on 11/27 - only because the Dell website said it would be delivered by 12/16. Well, it's now Jan. 9th, and I haven't' received it yet.

Not only that, but Dell has failed to respond to any of my 4 emails asking for information. Not a word.

Still waiting. Still being completely ignored.

Just unbelievable.

152 Posts

Still waiting. Still being completely ignored.

Just unbelievable.

Unfortunately this is the case and it happened for all of us. I did order my XPS to make sure to have it before the Xmas.

I understand that you didn't have time to follow up and as far as a good service goes, customer doesn't need to follow up and I totally get it. But for some reason Dell I-ndia doesn't feel as we do and probably they don't want to see the Dell COmputer Company improve and get more customers.

I know for a fact that IT people don't have this issue since all of their reps are here in the US. Home and office gets the worst of all and that is not fair. Dell should change its policy toward their customers to give them a better service.

You said that you sent them 5 emails and no respond? I send them more than 14 as I could count and I got one back which is written of the same exact gar-bage on the website order status. So don't expect too much.

We need to find a better solution.

30 Posts

January 9th, 2010 10:00

Does anyone know CEO Michael Dell's email address?

I'm sure it's not meant to be easily accessable...I googled a few things and couldn't find it...but I'm sure SOMEONE must have a way to get it

Although it's shocking, some corporate people have no idea what is going on within a company.  Just in case this is the situation at Dell, I want to make sure he is informed.  Any contact info for Mr. Dell would be greatly appreciated.

108 Posts

January 9th, 2010 11:00

After 4 emails in 4 days I finally got a response.  the response was that my system was too far along in production to be cancelled, but, when I receive it I can return it to them.  However, they say my EDD is still 1/25. If it is that far along in production why is my EDD still 2 weeks away?  If they would send me all of the parts I could build it in about 1/2 a day. I would hate to see their production line, about 100 computers lined up waiting for one person to install the motherboards, when he is done with all 100, they get sent to the next guy to install the hard drives, etc., etc. etc. until the computers are completed. Then they send all 100 to shipping, who ship out one unit per day!

I had suggested that they ship me one from the Outlet and just send my unit to the Outlet when it is completed.  That was not possible.

Do you notice that there is no delay in getting units to Costco.com or Best Buy. com?  You can order an XPS 8100, i7-750, 8G RAM, 750GB HD,512 graphics and a wireless card and a 23 in. monitor for $1,100 and it will be shipped in one day from their warehouse. If those aren't the exact specs you want, you can buy all of the other items you want from Best Buy and they will ship them to you at the same time and you can have your system, configured the way you want, by Wednesday.

46 Posts

We need to find a better solution.

The solution is for customers with new orders to CANCEL them and buy from another company.  The only way Dell is going to correct this messed up system is if it affects their bottom line.  Why does Dell use US-based sales and support for their business customers?  It's because the small and large businesses would not tolerate the kind of poor and incompetent sales and support that we are receiving on the Home side of Dell. 

I know some will say they don't want to cancel because they received a special deal when they ordered from Dell.  But is that deal really worth all the delays and hassles just to get it, much less if you should have a problem later that you have to get resolved? 

The best solution that I see to force Dell to change its ways is to vote with your wallet.  Cancel your order and file a complaint with the BBB that explains your dealings with Dell and why you have taken your business elsewhere.

85 Posts

I'm not going to get excited, by my original  Estimated Delivery Date of 1/26/2010 was moved to1/14/2010 (updated), XPS is listed as shipped!

152 Posts

So TOS is Terms Of Service but when you go to the website it says Tems Of Use? Toss Or Save?

DELL: Delivery Estimate Is Longer than Long

TOS20, come and vaccum.

No Events found!