MaddinP
1 Nickel

Re: XPS One 27 - Monitor Doesn't "Wake Up"

Hi everybody, the post is a bit old. Something new in this issue?

My problem seems to be really similar:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19516065/20409360.aspx#20409360

Now they would like to replace the monitor ...

Regards
Martin

0 Kudos
MaddinP
1 Nickel

Re: XPS One 27 - Monitor Doesn't "Wake Up"

In addition I'ld like to tell you that a recognised this problem on 3 machines. I didn't really realize that this is a real problem problem because the machines have been replaced anyway next day because of scratches on the glas. If this happens does the control-panel work (the 4 lighed buttons)). In my case it doesn't.

Martin

0 Kudos
LouRicc
1 Copper

RE: XPS One 27 - Monitor Doesn't "Wake Up"

About to lose my mind....  I've been having the same issue with the computer NOT waking up since I got this XPS one 27 5 months ago.

Had the hard drive replaced after it fried from being shut down improperly since you can't see the screen, had mother board replaced, registry repairs, countless hours on with support staff that seem fascinated with tinkering with the power settings (which has done ABSOLUTELY nothing)...

<ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per terms of use> does it take to get a replacement for a lemon from this company??? Do ANY of them even know how this computer works???

This is an absolute cluster.... This has RUINED my regard for Dell.... Never again!!!

0 Kudos
mmmxxx
1 Copper

I have a new XPS 2720 and I am having the same problem.  Sometimes, I try to get in and the power is off.  When I turn it on, the screen starts flashing asking me if I want to restart.  If I catch it between flashes, I can restart the machine but all my icons on the desktop are messed up.  Not a good sign.

0 Kudos
MaddinP
1 Nickel

In my case they replaced the display (2,5 hours for the technican). The Problem was solved but this new screen then has had dust between the display and the front glas. So they replaced it again 3 days later. Now the display starts to switch off for a second randomly. Sometime this happens every 10 second, sometime I can work for hours. On my request they didn't try to repair it again. After 3 month and 5 problems (the first systems have had scratches on the glass) they gave me the money back. Now I've a system from another manufactor that works without any problem since 3 weeks.

Anyway. The service and how they handle it in germany is really good. You have had always the same contact person and the reaction time is short. But the quality of the product seems to be not the best - the XPS-2720 is not the cheapest Dell product ... . 

0 Kudos
regdowdall
1 Copper

thanks! doing the above and the change to high performance seems to have done the trick for me.

0 Kudos
katrinsava
1 Copper

I have the newest XPS 27 and I have the same problem with the display when it goes to sleep and doesn't wake up with the mouse. I found a solution although not an ideal one but it works so far. If the display doesn't wake up with the mouse i press one of the brightness buttons on the display. The computer doesn't react to the mouse movement but it surely does to the buttons on the display! Hope it helps 

0 Kudos
Crazyhockeydad
1 Copper

I know this post is very old...but the issue continues. I purchased a XPS One 27 in March 2015. Three months later I had the exact problem you mention. I called Dell. they said it was a software problem, so they reinstalled Windows. It didn't solve the problem. They continued to insist it was a software problem and simply reinstalled Windows again. Didn't help. after a few months of "living with the problem" (the computer would boot up properly from time to time) I finally called again when the problem simply would not go away. Dell refused to help because the computer was out of warranty...same problem...never solved.

I then paid Dell's "Out of Warranty" service department to help. The said once again it was a software issue and asked me to pay for a Windows installation disk. Which I did, reluctantly (because it was just $25). Reinstalling Windows didn't help...no surprise.

So, I finally took the computer to a local expert who looked at it. He installed a new hard drive and newly installed windows. Same problem! He figured out that the problem is the screen. He says the screen and digitizer (touch feature) need to be replaced.

So, I called Dell. They don't have the parts. They don't sell the parts. The all-in-one computers are not worth fixing if something goes wrong...so they don't even sell the parts! They told me they could do nothing but sell me another one.

<Forum Terms of Use violations deleted>

0 Kudos