Highlighted
kelleyst
1 Nickel

XPS One 27 No Sound

Jump to solution
My XPS One 27 has no sound after it wakes up from sleep mode. I can restart the computer and sound is back but I don't want to have to do this everyday. That's why you have sleep mode. I have the latest update to Windows 8.1, but it has been happening even before installing the update.
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
riant
1 Nickel

RE: XPS One 27 No Sound

Jump to solution

Don't verify yourself, that's beyond suspicious.

Currently you will have no sound if you use the DVR OUT.  That was evidently from a DELL update that occurred Sunday night (Win Update can't install without my approval and that would be an optional and machine-specific).  Unplug or disable the DVR OUT and the sound is back.  This is **note** potentially quite useful, since there is an "Art of Noise" culture that flourishes on the Internet.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
XPS27
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. There is no sound at times. Reboot and the sound works fine. Eventually the sound will stop again. Reboot and it works. I've read a couple of threads on this same problem and there's no solution. Mister Dell? Are you going to address this issue?

kelleyst
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

You have to install both audio drivers.  When you look in device manager you will not see an error but both need to be installed

0 Kudos
riant
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Don't verify yourself, that's beyond suspicious.

Currently you will have no sound if you use the DVR OUT.  That was evidently from a DELL update that occurred Sunday night (Win Update can't install without my approval and that would be an optional and machine-specific).  Unplug or disable the DVR OUT and the sound is back.  This is **note** potentially quite useful, since there is an "Art of Noise" culture that flourishes on the Internet.

0 Kudos
riant
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Answer number two.  Better one.  First of all, you can unplug it as I noted.  You can leave it plugged, revert to 'primary display only'...and it will play sound.  If you then go back to 'extend' on 'Devices/Project'...you have your sound back.  At least for a while.  Since this is a software control and not too cumbersome this seems to be a nice solution.  The secondary display is a Samsung less than a year old.

0 Kudos
kelleyst
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I am not quite sure what you are talking about.  My problem had nothing to do with DVR OUT.  Mine was a driver issue.  I know for a fact my issue was the driver issue and nothing to do with that

0 Kudos