Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2014 06:00

XPS One 27 No Sound

My XPS One 27 has no sound after it wakes up from sleep mode. I can restart the computer and sound is back but I don't want to have to do this everyday. That's why you have sleep mode. I have the latest update to Windows 8.1, but it has been happening even before installing the update.

5 Posts

January 5th, 2015 13:00

Don't verify yourself, that's beyond suspicious.

Currently you will have no sound if you use the DVR OUT.  That was evidently from a DELL update that occurred Sunday night (Win Update can't install without my approval and that would be an optional and machine-specific).  Unplug or disable the DVR OUT and the sound is back.  This is **note** potentially quite useful, since there is an "Art of Noise" culture that flourishes on the Internet.

1 Message

September 27th, 2014 09:00

I'm having the same problem. There is no sound at times. Reboot and the sound works fine. Eventually the sound will stop again. Reboot and it works. I've read a couple of threads on this same problem and there's no solution. Mister Dell? Are you going to address this issue?

3 Posts

September 28th, 2014 15:00

You have to install both audio drivers.  When you look in device manager you will not see an error but both need to be installed

5 Posts

January 5th, 2015 14:00

Answer number two.  Better one.  First of all, you can unplug it as I noted.  You can leave it plugged, revert to 'primary display only'...and it will play sound.  If you then go back to 'extend' on 'Devices/Project'...you have your sound back.  At least for a while.  Since this is a software control and not too cumbersome this seems to be a nice solution.  The secondary display is a Samsung less than a year old.

3 Posts

January 5th, 2015 15:00

I am not quite sure what you are talking about.  My problem had nothing to do with DVR OUT.  Mine was a driver issue.  I know for a fact my issue was the driver issue and nothing to do with that

No Events found!