TxDot
1 Nickel

XPS One bluetooth mouse problem.

When I click the scroll wheel on my mouse while on a web page it displays a magnifying glass with a plus sign in it. What I want it to do is a "middle click". In Firefox I use this to open a link in a new tab. In other applications I use it to close a tab. I downloaded the latest version of SetPoint from the Logitech site but am hesitant to install it. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Davet50
6 Indium

Re: XPS One bluetooth mouse problem.

open control panel select the mouse icon use the tabs to configure the buttons..

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

0 Kudos
TxDot
1 Nickel

I have tried that but there is no option for setting the action when the scroll wheel is pressed. Vertical and horizontal scrolling are the only options on the Wheel tab. Nothing for the scroll wheel press on the Buttons tab either.

Message Edited by TxDot on 05-19-2008 05:41 PM
0 Kudos
Davet50
6 Indium

what mouse do you have and what os are you running.

I have a logitch mx700 under vista x64 when i press the wheel it give me the up/down arrows in a circle to aid in scrolling up and down ..

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Forum member since 2003

0 Kudos
TxDot
1 Nickel

It is a Dell branded mouse though I believe it is made by Logitech. They are listed as

Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard
Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard
Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys
HID-compliant mouse
Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

0 Kudos
Davet50
6 Indium

that's pretty much the way mine are listed. I am not sure if the setpoint will even work with your mouse under vista.

I suppose you could try installing it and see what happens. I have found no version that appears to be compatable with my mouse and vista..

Forum member since 2003

0 Kudos
sosborn15
1 Nickel

Download and install the mouse/keyboard software fron the Dell driver page.  It's the only way to get the ability to change any of the button functions.

0 Kudos
TxDot
1 Nickel

There is nothing displayed under that category after entering my service tag. That tells me that Dell doesn't have an updted driver.

I guess I'll try installing SetPoint and hope it doesn't totally hose me. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
TxDot
1 Nickel

Installed SetPoint and was able to change the behavior of the scroll wheel to be the middle click as I wanted. I got the SetPoint software from the Logitech website. Thanks for the replies.
0 Kudos
Davet50
6 Indium

do you have a link to the setpoint software you dl....

Forum member since 2003

0 Kudos