TxDot
1 Nickel

Re: XPS One bluetooth mouse problem.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/150&cl=us,en?softwareid=670&osid=13

I'm really surprised that Dell didn't include something like this with the system. Same thing for the keyboard software. Why isn't there a utility for customizing the non-standard buttons like the Launch Browser button? It launches IE while I would like it to launch FF.

0 Kudos
forjarv
1 Copper

I just installed Windows 7 after using Vista. My Dell registered Bluetooth mouse is also not talking at all with my new OS (I don't even know how to configure the mouse to adapt to Win 7). Could you tell me what you did to get yours working properly.

thanks

0 Kudos
thirteenburn
1 Nickel

I, too am have issues with my Dell optical/USB mouse. I used to have only one mouse suite icon in my system tray (Vista Home Premium - XPS 420 750GB w/500GB external, etc...) but now I have two. When I go to the system info page, they're both listed as HID (something like that) compliant, yet have two separate locations where their files reside.

Two days ago, I noticed that instead of being able to maniupulate my screen with the click of the scroll wheel, I now get a magnifying glass and spining the wheel now increases/decreases the size of my screen. Which is something I neither want nor need.

My question is first off, where could the second mouse suite have come from and secondly, how do I know which one to get rid of? At one time, I could access the Dell Mouse properties box via the icon in the system tray but now I can't get either of the mouse icons to show itself in order to see their individual properties. Going at them via Control Panel - Mouse doesn't work either, as there is nothing regarding changing the scroll wheel features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, so a hearty THANKS! in advance.

Cheers!!

XPS420 Intel QuadCore Q9400(2.66GHZ) 750GB w/500GB WD External, 4GB RAM / SP2208SWP

0 Kudos
Dajad
1 Nickel

I had a similar problem. I moved to Windows 7 with my Dell wireless keyboard and mouse. I tried downloading the drivers (it's a killer finding a mouse driver on the Dell driver site).  Ultimately that driver wouldn't install. There was a problem unzipping the file.

I downloaded and tried the Logitech Setpoint driver that someone suggested above.  That seemed to work for a few seconds but then failed.

Ultimately I figured out that I had a small utility called KatMouse that started up a minute after each boot. I love that utility but it was hijacking the middle mouse click functionality for something else.

My suggestion for others then is to make sure some other Service or utility isn't running at system boot that can overtake the default mouse buttons.

In the end I didn't need any driver installs/refreshes etc. to get my mouse working properly again. I just needed to change my KatMouse utility settings and everythign worked fine.

...Dale

0 Kudos