Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 24th, 2008 01:00

XPS One - built in web cam

I can't seem to "connect" this built in webcam.  Every time I try to start the webcam console, I get a message that the webcam is not connected.  I can't figure out how to get it connected.  I could use some help, please!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 26th, 2008 14:00

minertfam,

* Install the webcam driver from the Dell Resource CD - Using the platform specific Resource CD, browse to Device Driver catalog and find the Input Device, select the Creative Labs Laptop Integrated Webcam and follow the extracting and installation instructions to proceed. (No need to restart the system until the next steps are finished)
* Install the webcam applications from the CD - Find the CD labeled Dell Webcam Manager and run the SETUP.EXE (Autorun executable). Follow the installation steps
* Restart the PC when finished. Remove all CDs from the drive
* Verify the webcam driver had been properly installed - Go into Control Panel- Device Manager, find the Imaging devices for a Laptop Integrated Webcam and double click it. Then verify the Manufacturer is Creative Technologies Ltd. on the General properties page
* Verify if the webcam SW been properly installed - After confirming the correct webcam driver has been installed properly, look for the Dell Webcam icon in the right side of Task bar, then right click it and select the Launch Webcam Center. Click the Start button in the center. The blue LED next to the camera should turn on and the webcam application should display the image of what it is pointing towards

July 25th, 2010 16:00

Did not get cd for web cam.

14.4K Posts

July 25th, 2010 17:00

Try downloading and installing THIS DRIVER.<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>Do not use the Download manger, select the option to download by web browser

No Events found!