Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 30th, 2012 11:00

XPS One27 Windows 8 Install Problems (RAID?)

Hello,

I am having problems installing Windows 8 on my XPS One 27 (non, touch). When I purchased this system, Dell Support assured me that it would be compatible with Windows 8, but I am having serious issues, which I hope the Dell community can assist me with, before contacting Tech Support.

I am able to install Windows 8, but problems begin whenever I restart the system. After several reinstall and repair loops, I noticed that when Windows is restarting, the hard drive activity light does not blink, and drops me in the repair loop. Refresh, reset, and restore all fail.

My system is configured with a 2TB drive and an ssd drive set up with Intel rapid store technology. I updated by BIOS for Windows 8 (A06), but I am confused on what my ideal setup should be: SATA, AHCI, or should this be setup as a RAID configuration. If I select Raid, Windows install does not recognize ant drives.

I would appreciate any help or advice!

DiAngelo

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 31st, 2012 23:00

Hi DiAngelo,

Dell XPS One27 which you have configured comes with mSATA drive which is used for caching purpose.

To Install the Windows 8 on your system you will need to change the SATA mode to AHCI in BIOS and then install the Windows 8 on the computer.

Please let me know if it helps.

40 Posts

November 1st, 2012 08:00

I solved the problem, but since this is a RAID set up, I needed to load the Intel RAID driver BEFORE installing Windows 8, otherwise the installation will fail.

There is a setup option in Windows 8 that allows you to load driver, which must be on a separate disk or USB drive. I downloaded the drivers from DELL, Windows recognized them and installed successfully.

4 Posts

December 9th, 2012 23:00

Hey DiAngelo

Which Driver you use to install ???

Best regards

Reto

4.4K Posts

May 16th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.

No Events found!