leedavis.nc
1 Copper

Re: XPS popping crackling noises in 435 MT

Great find.  After three calls to Dell Paid Tech Support for about 6-7 hours this took care of the static on my Studio Slim 540 Desktop.

Thanks,

Lede

0 Kudos
ivanspeed
1 Copper

Thanks for this tip. This solved my problem with Studio 540 Tower PC.   For other users here is the background that might help you.  When playing a DVD or listening to music via Media Center and Player I would experincing pops and crackles in the sound.  My sound was being sent to my Audio receiver for my home theater system.  I thought the problem may be a configuration issue.  I attached another DVD player to the receiver using the same connection pt and HdMI cable and my stand alone DVD player worked great.  That narrower the prblem to the computer.  I had tried all connection from the PC, HDMI, Coxial and Analog and even used computer speakers and still experience the same noise.  I also did all the recommended driver installs and they never corrected the issue.  The fixed fro rsbaxter solved my problem.

0 Kudos
splugedelik
1 Copper

I've also been having the same troubles with my Studio XPS 435MT. Along with a host of other problems...

It's been nonstop issues with this computer, and now the sound too.

It crackles a lot, i notice it especially with loud sounds (gunfire/some music), but its on my speakers and headphones so I know its the sound card/drivers.

Dell.. please make us some good drivers so at least we can listen to some MUSIC without deafening crackles.

It's very noticeable and very annoying. It happens ALL the time.

I have tried all recommendations here but nothing has changed.

I tried getting the HD drivers from realtek's website but it did nothing.

I have windows 7 x64, and I tried vista's sound drivers that I got from dell but its not helping.

Also I think that they caused a blue screen of death.. I got one and when I debugged it there was a bit about vista drivers in the dump.

Not too happy at the moment.

0 Kudos
fireberd
6 Indium

This is not a Dell only problem, looking at posts on the Windows 7 forum, users with other brand PC's, motherboards, etc are having the problem.  And, from the posts there it can be caused by almost anything - a BIOS setup, motherboard, hardware device drivers (including other devices such as the Video), software, etc.  What fixes one is not the fix for others (e.g. the LAN fix posted here).   

Another issue on some SoundBlaster Xfi sound cards is that the popping and crackling will happen if there is over 3 GB of RAM (but a new Beta driver seems to fix that).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
splugedelik
1 Copper

I should have probably mentioned.. I had the problem in Windows Vista as well.
Although its gotten worse with win7.

It hasn't ever fully gone away.. I just hope a driver update can fix this.

I literally can hardly listen to some stuff because it bothers me too much.

My favorite genre of music, melodic vocal trance might as well not exist..

0 Kudos