Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2011 11:00

XPS420

I have a XPS420 and having some issues that I can't get resolved, it is driving me crazy. I am getting error codes of 1B63:0268 & 1B63:061B. My speaker icon says "No Audio Output Device is Installed", also, not even the headphones are working now either. My speakers quit working a long long time ago and I never done anything about it because either didn't use it or would use the headphones if I needed them. Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? I have done every scan and test that Dell's web page suggest and NOTHING has worked yet. Thank you in advance......

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 11th, 2011 11:00

Hi Lapdogg31,

If I understand correctly, your speakers do not work but your headphones do? Have you checked downloads for an updated driver?

2 Posts

March 11th, 2011 13:00

Hi Lapdogg31,

If I understand correctly, your speakers do not work but your headphones do? Have you checked downloads for an updated driver?

Yes and no, The headphones did work but now they do not. I am being told that there is No Audio Output Device Installed and I have done everything under the sun that I know what to do to correct the issue but have still found no resolutions. Upon completing a more thorough scan, I was given those error codes that I put in the previous post. I have ran every update I've been given or told to run and once it is done I'm told I am currently up to date but my issue's are still there. I don't know a whole lot about computer's, just the basic stuff, and I've been working on this for 2 days now. I can't find out if it's a software issue or if it's a hardware issue, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

No Events found!