Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

December 22nd, 2014 10:00

XPS8500 from 2012: Needed to do a clean install follow BSODs. What drivers should I download and in what order should I apply them?

Hi there,

After doing something wrong with my XPS8500 running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I needed to do  fresh install after getting random, multiple BSODs.

I now have a working PC with a fresh install of 7 and no BSODs for the last few weeks.

What updates from the DELL driver page should I apply and in what order?

Any advice, gratefully received.

5.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2014 11:00

If you reset from the stored OS and you never updated any drivers before it died, you should be good to go. You could look at the drivers pages and see if any updated drivers have important upgrades, and then update them. Many users update all drivers constantly. This is unnecessary unless the new drivers indicates they need to be updated or they update something you need. Dell doesn't do a lot of driver updates. If you think you need a video driver update, best to go to the video manufacturer, such as Nvidia. Do not do a BIOS update unless it is listed as critical or important. Problems during a BIOS update can brick the computer.

No Events found!