my gt530 is dead so I need to upgrade it,
Does any know if this is compatible with the xps 8300 http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/buy-online
im not very good with computer so any info would be great
i7 3.4 (2600)
thanks for any help
I know it has been some years but still may be this helps somebody:
I have just successfully installed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 TI (www.nvidia.com/.../gtx-750ti) that I extracted from my son's Lenovo Erazer 310 (he got a EVGA GTX 960 sc (the one with one fan)).
1. Start PC and go to Device Manager.
2. Locate your stock GPU and UNISTALL.
3. Turn off the PC and disconnect power.
4. Open case and extract the stock GPU.
5. Insert the NVIDIA GTX 750 TI.
6. Turn on the PC (the PC does not recognize the GPU correctly but you can proceed to the internet).
7. Go to NVIDIA website and download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE (if you find it complicated find a video in you tube. There are plenty).
8. Once you have GeforceExperienc, it will detect your GPU, it will download and install the correct driver. Once finished it will ask you to re-start.
9. If it does not ask you, make sure the installation of the drivers is completed and Re-start your lovely DELL XPS 8300 and all will work perfectly! (At least this is what happened to me)