Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2013 16:00

Xps 8500 boot up problem

Hi every one !

i have gust bought my xps 8500 Today and i done the setup and every thing but after shuting it down

and open again the computer it doesn't boot up and stuck in Dell's logo

is there any Solution for this problem ?

for more info my Xps is:

12G memory

2T - 32G SSD

Win8

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 21st, 2013 18:00

Hi AniMoy,

Please refer to the video in the link below for troubleshooting ‘Stuck at Dell logo’.

http://dell.to/17yjL5f

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 02:00

Thanks for the help

it helped and now i can reach windows

but i have a Q:

my SSD dosn't show in the computer

is there any way to make it shows ?

(it's not there since the first use)

7 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 12:00

will the issue happened again

trying to do like what done in the video but now doesn't help

7 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 16:00

oh thanks for Answering my Q

i tired and changed it

but now it says:

"Reboot and select proper boot device

or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

what should i do ?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

Thanks for the help

it helped and now i can reach windows

but i have a Q:

my SSD dosn't show in the computer

is there any way to make it shows ?

(it's not there since the first use)

The SSD is used as a cache only so you can't see it or use it directly as a storage device. Reboot and press F2 to open BIOS setup. Set Secure Boot to OFF (disabled), save the change and see if it boots now.

7 Posts

will now i gust after that thing had appeared i went and changed something from legancy to Uthi

not Sure but it worked and i reached windows :)

is my way right it wont make other problems ? because i read some topics they say that it should be Uthi (something like that)

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 22nd, 2013 19:00

I presume this is Windows 8, so BIOS must be set to UEFI in order to boot.  

If it's booting properly when BIOS is set to UEFI, try turning Secure Boot back on. If it works ok that way, leave everything alone. If it won't boot with Secure Boot enabled, turn it off again.

And don't keep changing settings if you don't understand the consequences of what you're doing. If it ain't broke, don't break it! :emotion-5:

7 Posts

September 23rd, 2013 03:00

ok

thanks a lot :)

7 Posts

September 23rd, 2013 13:00

A new problem comes now (looks like we won't finish from this :emotion-6: )

there is an error code comes now for me after windows 8 had done restarting to install updates

the error :

Recovery

Your PC needs to be reparied

The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.

File\BCD

Error code: 0x0000098

any help please ?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 23rd, 2013 16:00

You may need to contact Dell Tech Support directly now because I think you're going to have to reinstall Win 8, or at least boot from a Win 8 disk or USB stick to fix this.

If Dell-Ravi Ch is still reading this thread, he may be able to help you get the Win 8 installation media to fix this problem.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 24th, 2013 09:00

Hi AniMoy,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select send private message.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 24th, 2013 10:00

Hi AniMoy,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select send private message.

Thanks for stepping in Ravi!

1 Message

January 28th, 2014 18:00

Hi Dell-Ravi Ch,

I have the same problem with my computer and lost my installation cd on the last apartment change. I would like to see if you could help me to solve the problem.

Regards,

1 Message

November 22nd, 2014 09:00

I have same problem but i tryed to install windows again but says hard drive is locked when i try to unlock hard drive wont show up any where

No Events found!