Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2010 17:00

Xps Thermal Monitor not displaying anything

Dell XPS 625

AMD Phenom II 940 X4 3.0 GHz

Windows 7 x64

8 GB RAM

I recently upgraded to windows 7 from vista x64 and am now having problems with my xps thermal monitor.  I tried loading xps thermal monitor and it would always come up with an error and not even load.  I reformatted today to maybe solve the problem, but as I loaded the thermal monitor up again, the program will run, but the screen will be blank. 

Here is a screen shot:

I've contacted dell support to see if there were any other known compatibility issues, but apparently I'm the only one with this problem.  Any suggestions?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 29th, 2012 14:00

You are not alone. Same here. Windows 7 64 bit and thermal monitor .08 and .11 version not works.

14.4K Posts

April 29th, 2012 15:00

you do  realize you replied to a two year old thread.

2 Posts

April 29th, 2012 17:00

Since I wasn't ever able to figure out the problem, I switched to AMD Overdrive's fan control utility.  It works the same, except you lose control over the intake fans... which are actually quite useful for that specific case design.  Either way, I ended up building a a custom computer with a fan controller.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 1st, 2012 11:00

@Davet50 Who cares ? Problem not solved so even after 10 years it's better to reply and than put new double one thread with no replies.

@aznsk1lz Thanks for answer. I'm using manual fan controller from Zalman. I have Scythe Mugen 2 with huge fan and when was turned on at 100% was very loud. Other fans in case are low speed monsters at about 750 rpm so no need to controll.

No Events found!