Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 19th, 2007 06:00

Y i have no audio on my E521 after upgrading from basic to premium?

I have a dimension E521, I had windows vista Basic and i decided to upgrade 2 premium because of aero and now i have no audio drivers can sum 1 plz hlp me.

Message Edited by BlackChaos on 06-19-2007 11:31 PM

81 Posts

June 19th, 2007 12:00

Any chance of you typing in the English language instead of that code and/or messenger crud?

21 Posts

June 20th, 2007 01:00

If there are any drivers listed in the device manager, delete them and restart the computer.  The OS should reinstall the drivers and the sound should return.

If there are no drivers listed, then uninstall the Sigmatel Audio (Program uninstall) and reboot.  The OS will install the Windows High Definition driver.  Now, delete the Windows driver and reinstall the Sigmatel driver and your sound should return.

Steve

June 20th, 2007 15:00

I tried wat u told me steveni but it did not work i still have no sound

• 

16.7K Posts

June 21st, 2007 10:00

BlackChaos,

Thank you using the Dell Community Forum.

Does device manager show the drivers installed? Do the speakers work and are they plugged into the correct jacks and turned on? Make sure nothing is muted by clicking the speaker icon. In the control panel in the sound and audio properties make sure you have a default sound device selected in the box.

June 22nd, 2007 04:00

Yes the device ,anager does show the sound driver,the problem is that there is no audio output device installed, in control panel/sound there is no audio devices installed i guess when i upgraded from basic tp premium it erased my audio devices plz hlp me out DELL-Jessie.
No Events found!