Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

June 27th, 2006 10:00

You have files waiting to be written to CD

Each time I restart, I continue to get this message.

I've already tried:
chksdk,
defrag,
properties/recording,

dell support on line chat,
dell hardware support,

Anyone with experience at this level, please reply.

PROVisualArts

2K Posts

June 27th, 2006 12:00

Click on the balloon. Right-Click and delete the files. (they appear faded).

Problem should be solved.

12 Posts

June 27th, 2006 15:00

Wow! Shows how much support helps! Anyway, open up that little balloon and just delete the files from there and your done!

18.8K Posts

PROVisualArts,

Open Windows Explorer. Click the CD-ROM drive and the right pane of the display will show a list of files ready to be written to CD. Click Edit|Select All then click File|Delete. You should see a message asking you to confirm sending the files to the recycle bin. That should end the problem.

@msil217 wrote:
Click on the balloon. Right-Click and delete the files. (they appear faded).

Problem should be solved.

Thank you for your response! Wish it were as simple as that. I've been trying that a couple of times a day for several weeks now. Along with all the other, additional steps I've listed, the problem persists.

Any other takers?!!!

2K Posts

No response, so I wonder if it worked??

Here's what I got from a M$ site, but it's basically the same thing:

Delete CD recorder temporary files

To delete files and folders from the CD recorder temporary storage area:

1.Double-click My Computer, and then double-click the CD recording drive.

Windows displays a temporary storage area where files are held before they are copied to the CD. Files or folders located in the temporary storage area are listed under Files Ready to Be Written to the CD.2.Under CD Writing Tasks, click Delete temporary files.

Windows deletes the files and folders from the temporary storage area and moves them to the Recycle Bin. NOTE: When you delete the contents of the temporary storage area, you make this area available for another set of files and folders that you want to copy to the CD. The files are not deleted from their original location on your computer or from the CD.

*********************************************************************************************************

2 Posts

June 28th, 2006 06:00

When you copy files to a CD-R or CD-RW disk by using the CD recording support that is built into Windows XP, the files are first copied to a temporary location, and then a disk image file is created.It is better to free disk space on the Windows drive(diskcleanup) before you try to burn files.

Try one of the following solutions

The files waiting to be copied should reside in this folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
delete the contents of this folder

1 Open My Computer
Right click on the CD-ROM drive and click properties.
Click the "Recording" tab.
Uncheck the "Enable CD Recording on this drive" and close out of all the Windows

2 The files waiting to be copied should reside in this folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

3 disabled Win XP's IMAPI CD-burning COM Service and use Roxio EZCD Creator

Regards

Sibesh Das

2 Posts

June 28th, 2006 07:00

When you copy files to a CD-R or CD-RW disk by using the CD recording support that is built into Windows XP, the files are first copied to a temporary location, and then a disk image file is created.It is better to free disk space on the Windows drive before you try to burn files.

try one of the following solutions
(a)Open My Computer
Right click on the CD-ROM drive and click properties.
Click the "Recording" tab.
Uncheck the "Enable CD Recording on this drive" and close out of all the Windows

(b)The files waiting to be copied should reside in this folder

(c)disabled Win XP's IMAPI CD-burning COM Service and use Roxio EZCD Creator

Regards

Sibesh Das

29 Posts

July 7th, 2006 21:00

Double click My Computer and right click your cd-dvdrw drive,click properties and at the top of the window click recording & uncheck the box that says enable cd recording on this drive. I hope that helps.

Jenlicris

July 8th, 2006 02:00

Sibesh Das Had It RIGHT:
It has been so long since I solved my problem that I'd fogotten to send each of you a BIG THANK YOU!

Sibesh, I had already tried your solution a), but your solution b) worked the first time I tried it!!

THANK you for sending VERY clear, specific instructions and for understanding the depth at which this difficulty existed.

Thank you each for sending your suggestions and for taking your time to share your knowledge!

Best Regards,
Paul_oyen@hotmail.com

Message Edited by PROVisualArts.com on 07-07-200610:43 PM

Message Edited by PROVisualArts on 07-07-200610:48 PM

4 Posts

April 4th, 2009 16:00

Good evening Denny,

I have read your post as shown above.  Please take your time to clarify me what is the Windows Explorer before I open it from there.  Please review my latest first post in the Dell Community Home if you can.

Best regards,

Michael J. Benson

4.6K Posts

April 5th, 2009 11:00

Whilst your offer of help in the matter may have been appreciated at the time Michael, I would hope Denny has sorted the problem by now, given that the post is dated 27th June 2006 :emotion-3:

And how is anyone to know where to find your latest or first post, when there are thousands of new posts, in hundreds of different threads, every day of the week :emotion-55:

No Events found!