Highlighted
jgcoug
1 Copper

another Sound Blaster X-Fi MB problem

I have a dell Zino HD with Win 7 64.  There have been lots of problems with the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB.  I have it connected with a receiver.   My audio works but I can't configure anything,  In the windows sound control panel I can select either 5.1 or 7.1, but either way when I go to the X-Fi control panel (creative audio control panel) It has me locked into a 2.1 speaker configuration and I can't do anything else.  All of the other tests in that control panel don't work either.  I also installed the media center plug-in that came on the OEM cd and says that the X-Fi is not installed.  Any Help?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: another Sound Blaster X-Fi MB problem

The SoundBlaster Xfi MB is ONLY a software add on (enhancement) to the Integrated audio and in the case of a Zino it's a Conexent Audio chip.   Have you tried reinstalling the Xfi MB software?

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
jgcoug
1 Copper

Yeah I have tried reinstalling the software.  I do understand that it is a software enhancement only.  But when I go into the windows sound properties, it tells me that I can have either a 5.1 or 7.1 setup (that it is capable of 8 channels).  But I can't configure any options through the creative software because it doesn't recognize that I have the right hardware.  In fact I can't even control the volume or equalizer or anything through creative.  This is how it came factory installed, Do I need to uninstall and reinstall in a different order?

0 Kudos
fireberd
6 Indium

When you uninstall, are you restarting the PC before reinstalling?  If not, give that a try - if you just uninstall and reinstall without restarting the original problem can still be there.  This may not fix the problem (if it is a problem) but it's worth a try. 

I don't have any info on the Xfi MB software so I can't say how or what it's supposed to do (we are just users helping users on here).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos