shawnh1
2 Bronze

bluetooth driver update problem

There was a problem with the bluetooth driver I updated last night before going to bed. After the driver updated I shutdown and I don't know why but the update for some reason uninstalled my wireless. I didn't realize this at first but when I checked my connections I only had netgear showing and I have 2 wireless adapters, the netgear and the builtin dell wireless in my inspiron 3650. So I checked in the windows 10 device manage and the Dell "Qualcomm QCA9565" network adapter was missing from the list. I of course right clicked and chose scan for hardware changes and there it was now. 

So anyone from Dell you might want to drop a line with whoever is testing/QA the drivers and let them know there is a little bug they overlooked and someone the is not as computer savvy as myself would have been screwed and might have since they had no internet connection ended up paying someone at a PC repair place to fix this bug that never should have happened.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dmr11
2 Bronze

RE: bluetooth driver update problem

I'm also having Bluetooth problems after the last update, and I am not very tech savvy. My Bluetooth mouse has mostly stopped working. I have tried various troubleshooters, uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't work. After a reinstall it works for about 30 secs and then stops. (yes, I changed the batteries!).

Any advice is welcome. Its a Dell XPS 139365

0 Kudos
robert p
7 Gold

RE: bluetooth driver update problem

Hi shawnh1,

Thanks for posting.

What problems were you having with your computer prior to installing the bluetooth driver? Normally it's not necessary to update a driver unless there's a problem. I'm not seeing  any critical updates involving this model's network driver. I see there are 7 different drivers for your computer, which did you install? Hopefully it's working okay now, please post back if you have additional issues.  

0 Kudos